Wikiposts

private health insurance on 457 visa

Old Oct 5th 2007, 1:15 am
Just Joined

snapper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default private health insurance on 457 visa

will i need private health insurance for my family or will i be covered by medicare on the 457 temp visa.flying in 2 weeks please help
Old Oct 5th 2007, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

sam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nice
Default Re: private health insurance on 457 visa

Originally Posted by snapper
will i need private health insurance for my family or will i be covered by medicare on the 457 temp visa.flying in 2 weeks please help
you don't need it ( but is recommended) as your sponsor has to cover any costs associated but most put a condition in that means that the understanding is that upon arrival you take out your own insurance/s. wel ours did anyway.

also because uk and oz have a reciprical health care agreement it mens you are entitled to most emergancy situations and pregnancy stuff apart from scans and eye tests and dental and anything that comes in perscription.

you pay for and then claim it back through mdicare - that is if you are paying tax into the system!

i say that as that was the deciding factor for us when we went out and the lady explained that we were only entitles to the medicare card if we were paying oz tax and we said yes -as we were so i assume that is what she was getting at if you know what i mean !

i may be totally wrong however and missunderstood the situation but that is my experience! and it will be 1 of many! just thought i would share it as we were too on a 457!

Last edited by sam mick kurt; Oct 5th 2007 at 3:43 am. Reason: i cant spell