British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   priority listing- Does it affect the 887 visa? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/priority-listing-does-affect-887-visa-678681/)

missapps Jul 28th 2010 12:24 pm

priority listing- Does it affect the 887 visa?

Hi again guys,
Just to remind you, I am on a Bridging visa A whilst waiting for my 487 visa to come through- submitted 23/9/09 and according to new priority listing should be through 23/9/2011.

Well I have lots to ask as always and after navigating the immi site, which never seems to get easier... I'm back with pleads!

1) Have searched the forums here, Can i still apply for bridging visa B ONLINE? I have read two different answers on here, i am very confused. I have a wedding invitation as proof, have plane tickets booked as proof, but how do i prove these online- if i apply online? And i am flying home to UK on 16th Sep- Can i apply now for my BVb?

2) after re-looking up the 887 requirements for when your provisional visa (487 for me) runs out (2yrs) it says you only have to have lived in regional Australia for 2years and worked for one year. Well I have already worked for one year in regional Australia as teacher- have payslips as proof from Department of Education, and will have lived here for 2 years 07/11.
Once my 487 FINALLY comes through in 09/11, can I then go on to apply for my 887 PR straight away? Even though my two years living and 1 year working claim in regional Oz will ahve been partly on a bridging visa?
Long winded but dont know how else to explain!
Basically do you have to do the 887 PR requirements of 2 years in regional oz on a provisional visa or will they accept any legal visa that allows you to live and work in Australia as the correct evidence?

It will greatly affect when i get my PR- by 18 months earlier so I am excited to hear the answer!

And the Bridging visa question is pertinent- seeing as im flying home in 52 days after 2 years here- Cannot wait to go home and eat english chocolate!!!
hehehe cheers in advance AGAIN!!!:thumbsup:

Laura :cool:

Pollyana Jul 28th 2010 2:49 pm

Re: priority listing- Does it affect the 887 visa?

Originally Posted by missapps (Post 8734529)
Hi again guys,
Just to remind you, I am on a Bridging visa A whilst waiting for my 487 visa to come through- submitted 23/9/09 and according to new priority listing should be through 23/9/2011.

Well I have lots to ask as always and after navigating the immi site, which never seems to get easier... I'm back with pleads!

1) Have searched the forums here, Can i still apply for bridging visa B ONLINE? I have read two different answers on here, i am very confused. I have a wedding invitation as proof, have plane tickets booked as proof, but how do i prove these online- if i apply online? And i am flying home to UK on 16th Sep- Can i apply now for my BVb?

2) after re-looking up the 887 requirements for when your provisional visa (487 for me) runs out (2yrs) it says you only have to have lived in regional Australia for 2years and worked for one year. Well I have already worked for one year in regional Australia as teacher- have payslips as proof from Department of Education, and will have lived here for 2 years 07/11.
Once my 487 FINALLY comes through in 09/11, can I then go on to apply for my 887 PR straight away? Even though my two years living and 1 year working claim in regional Oz will ahve been partly on a bridging visa?
Long winded but dont know how else to explain!
Basically do you have to do the 887 PR requirements of 2 years in regional oz on a provisional visa or will they accept any legal visa that allows you to live and work in Australia as the correct evidence?

It will greatly affect when i get my PR- by 18 months earlier so I am excited to hear the answer!

And the Bridging visa question is pertinent- seeing as im flying home in 52 days after 2 years here- Cannot wait to go home and eat english chocolate!!!
hehehe cheers in advance AGAIN!!!:thumbsup:

Laura :cool:

Can't help with the 887, but to get a Bridging Visa B you will have to talk to immigration, can't do it online, sorry.

sebeva Sep 17th 2010 9:58 am

Re: priority listing- Does it affect the 887 visa?

Originally Posted by missapps (Post 8734529)

Hi Laura,
They will not accept this time you worked and lived on the bridging visa. It doesn't count for the 887 PR requirements. I asked the same our case officer during the 487 application time and it was a definite answer. You actually have to be on the 487 to fulfill the requirements.
Best Wishes :)
Eva