Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Previous driving ban and character statutory declaration form

Previous driving ban and character statutory declaration form

Old Feb 15th 2017, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

JKLMAL14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Previous driving ban and character statutory declaration form

Hello!
So 18 years when my husband was 21, he got done for drink driving and got a 12 month ban. He was told at the time it would be on his driving license for 5 years but not on his record. However we were concerned about this so declared it on our 189 visa app. I have no idea until PCC comes back if it will show up or not. I have uploaded all the evidence documents I had whilst waiting for a case officer and today was contacted by a Brisbane e-mail address asking for our medicals and police clearance forms as well as a character statutory declaration form for my husband. We have to put the circumstances of the offence. My husband can remember the month and year of the incident and court case and that he received a 1 year ban but not much else with it being 18 years ago. The offence code has also gone from his licence as it was so long ago! There was no sentence or suspended sentence or even a fine. I'm really worried that it will mess things up though! Has anybody got any similar circumstances?

Also it seems that from the link to the statutory declaration form given by the CO, that we have to get this witnessed by somebody with a connection to Australia, so most likely somebody from the Australian High Commission?