Prep for Migrant Agent

Old Jan 13th 2019, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

Marcus M is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Prep for Migrant Agent

I see that a migrant agent will require a resume. When I found an example of a resume online it mentioned the English test, Vetassess, etc etc. Does that mean I need to do all of those things first BEFORE I contact an agent? I was hoping to find an agent that would help me step by step throughout the entire process. Thank you.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Paul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prep for Migrant Agent

You contact the agent first. They will ask you the relevant questions to allow them to assess your situation.

Old Jan 14th 2019, 8:15 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marcus M
I see that a migrant agent will require a resume. When I found an example of a resume online it mentioned the English test, Vetassess, etc etc. Does that mean I need to do all of those things first BEFORE I contact an agent? I was hoping to find an agent that would help me step by step throughout the entire process. Thank you.
A resume is simply the Australian equivalent of a CV and is provided when applying for a job. I have never seen a resume with vetassess results, IELTS etc on it and the majority of Australian employers would simply not be interested in this info. its not relevant when job hunting.

A migration agent can assist you with the whole process, or with sections of it, as you wish. They may need a copy of your current CV, if you are applying for a skills visa, but that is totally separate from the other requirements. Most will do an informal chat and assessment for free so call a coupe and they can talk you through the process.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana

A resume is simply the Australian equivalent of a CV and is provided when applying for a job. I have never seen a resume with vetassess results, IELTS etc on it and the majority of Australian employers would simply not be interested in this info. its not relevant when job hunting.

A migration agent can assist you with the whole process, or with sections of it, as you wish. They may need a copy of your current CV, if you are applying for a skills visa, but that is totally separate from the other requirements. Most will do an informal chat and assessment for free so call a coupe and they can talk you through the process.
Okay thank you. So far the agents I've seen want you to fill out these forms first. I'll keep looking.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Contact the agent first.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by carcajou
Contact the agent first.
Thank you. That's what I needed to know.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

In regards to the CV - you should probably be collecting official statements of service and job descriptions for your previous employment, if claiming points for related past employment.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by carcajou
In regards to the CV - you should probably be collecting official statements of service and job descriptions for your previous employment, if claiming points for related past employment.
Yes I have a Heating and Air conditioning business and was hoping to carry over my experience
Old Jan 15th 2019, 10:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Okay thank you. So far the agents I've seen want you to fill out these forms first. I'll keep looking.
Then you are talking to the wrong agents. You pay the agent to assist you with the form filling.
Old Jan 15th 2019, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Then you are talking to the wrong agents. You pay the agent to assist you with the form filling.
So it's not normal to pay a small upfront fee, fill out like a questionnaire including a resume then they give you an assessment?
Old Jan 15th 2019, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

Paul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond repute

So it's not normal to pay a small upfront fee, fill out like a questionnaire including a resume then they give you an assessment?
Some agents charge for an initial assessment and some don't. It often depends on the level of detail that is required.