PreGrant Letter in Australia

Old Apr 6th 2005, 8:34 pm
See the BBC for Free

nirving is on a distinguished road
Default PreGrant Letter in Australia

Hi all,
First time poster to this forum, which I had found out about it all thoses years ago.
I am in Australia on a Business Visa (457) and have just received my PreGrant letter from my Case Officer stating that I have to go and visit an OverSeas mission for Passport Evidencing. The letter states that I must give arrive in the over seas country 3 days before presenting my visa, and then it could take up to 5 days for processing. Now I have not contacted my CO as I don;t want to sound dumb, but does that means I have to stay in New Zealand (closest place to go) for at least 8 days? or can I show them my passport and come home and wait for the decision?

PreGrant letter April 6th 2005
Police Checks March 24th 2005
Medicals March 3rd 2005
Application Updated April 17th 2004 (Chose wrong subclass)
Application Submitted March 12st 2004
Old Apr 6th 2005, 9:35 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PreGrant Letter in Australia

Yes, you have to stay there for that time, at the end of it they will put the visa stamp in your passport.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 9:55 pm
See the BBC for Free

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yes, you have to stay there for that time, at the end of it they will put the visa stamp in your passport.
Very excited now, been a long road, but very glad to be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Kinda wished I had a migration agent to find the answers to these questions.
Bummer, have to try and figure out when is a good time to do this, as work is busy, have weekend trips booked, but looking foward to stop being a contractor and getting my full time position.

Last edited by nirving; Apr 6th 2005 at 10:04 pm.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 1:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by nirving
Hi all,
First time poster to this forum, which I had found out about it all thoses years ago.
I am in Australia on a Business Visa (457) and have just received my PreGrant letter from my Case Officer stating that I have to go and visit an OverSeas mission for Passport Evidencing. The letter states that I must give arrive in the over seas country 3 days before presenting my visa, and then it could take up to 5 days for processing. Now I have not contacted my CO as I don;t want to sound dumb, but does that means I have to stay in New Zealand (closest place to go) for at least 8 days? or can I show them my passport and come home and wait for the decision?

Medicals March 3rd 2005
Hi

You have to inform your case officer of the date you intend to fly to NZ and the flight details. Plan on spending at least 7 days in NZ. The case officer has to send all your documenation electronically via Canberra to the Consulate Generals office in Auckland.
You will also need a copy of the grant letter which the case officer can e-mail to you . Officially the decision regarding your visa cannot be made whilst you are in Australia, therefore you can't get the grant letter until you exit Australia. You'll need to be able to pick up your e-mails whilst in NZ.

After about 4 to 5 days in NZ go to the Consulate Generals office in Auckland with your grant letter, passport and any other info you have. You'll have to queue up and present your documentation to the immigration officials. If your details have been sent from Canberra, you'll be on the system and your visa label will be placed in your passport. All you have to do then is to fly back to Australia to validate your visa.
Oh, and have a good holiday whilst your in NZ.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:20 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Medicals March 3rd 2005

Nirving, i have sent you a PM...
Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:49 am
See the BBC for Free

That sounds great, now I have to organise my work to give the time off, organise the flights and get my backside over there. Cannot wait to have the nightmare over, as I am on a rolling contract until I get my visa and then I can buy a house with my Fiance.
Thanks for the advice, never been to New Zealand, but have a future Uncle in Law there, so should be okay and perhaps learn the family business of being an undertaker. Make a change from typing 0's and 1's all day
Old Apr 7th 2005, 7:08 am
Just Joined

theBestJet is an unknown quantity at this point

I recieved a letter from DIMIA stating that only my wife has a health undertaking and has to sign an agreement to contact the concerned parties in AU after arrival. They have attached thee copies of the form 815 with it. I have to clarify the followings before proceeding to fill the forms

1. there are three members in my application, So those three applications could be for three members or all of them has to be filled with my wifes data.

2. As I am not yet granted the VISA, I haven't made my travel plan & I still don't know what my address is going to be in AU. So can I leave the Address and Flight details fields blank.

looking forward for your help
Thanks
Old Apr 7th 2005, 7:42 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by theBestJet
I recieved a letter from DIMIA stating that only my wife has a health undertaking and has to sign an agreement to contact the concerned parties in AU after arrival. They have attached thee copies of the form 815 with it. I have to clarify the followings before proceeding to fill the forms

1. there are three members in my application, So those three applications could be for three members or all of them has to be filled with my wifes data.

2. As I am not yet granted the VISA, I haven't made my travel plan & I still don't know what my address is going to be in AU. So can I leave the Address and Flight details fields blank.

looking forward for your help
Thanks
Welcome to the forum

When did you submit your application for 136 ? Was that the one you submitted in 2004?
What profession were you nominated for re 457?
I'm asking as I am a nurse here on a 457, and applied for 136 in Feb of this year.
Cas

Sorry, this was meant for original poster !
Old Apr 7th 2005, 9:24 am
See the BBC for Free

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Welcome to the forum

When did you submit your application for 136 ? Was that the one you submitted in 2004?
What profession were you nominated for re 457?
I'm asking as I am a nurse here on a 457, and applied for 136 in Feb of this year.
Cas

Sorry, this was meant for original poster !
March 2004 was my original application sent, should have been August the year before but had problems with one of my previous employers being taken over and not keeping the HR records. Came out on a working holiday, got a 457 on IT grounds, june 2004, and receive my pregrant yesterday. Hoping to have an answer by the end of the month, maybe mid May.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 9:41 am
Account Closed

March 2004 was my original application sent, should have been August the year before but had problems with one of my previous employers being taken over and not keeping the HR records. Came out on a working holiday, got a 457 on IT grounds, june 2004, and receive my pregrant yesterday. Hoping to have an answer by the end of the month, maybe mid May.
Hope the 136 visas are not taking that long!
My 457 would have run out!!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 9:50 am
See the BBC for Free

Surely nursing is in demand, so they should act faster for you. I messed up my initial application by ticking the wrong box and I guess I have kinda paid for it, but it seems 12 months is the correct time for an answer. You could always try for a bridging visa to tide you over during the wait for an answer, which I understand means you could still work. Have a look into that route.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 9:55 am
Account Closed

Surely nursing is in demand, so they should act faster for you. I messed up my initial application by ticking the wrong box and I guess I have kinda paid for it, but it seems 12 months is the correct time for an answer. You could always try for a bridging visa to tide you over during the wait for an answer, which I understand means you could still work. Have a look into that route.

I'm a psyche nurse - the job not many people want - so hopefully that will help.

At this point meds and PCC still valid - 'fingers crossed', I'll get a pre-grant before they are needed to be redone.

Karma sent - Cas
Old Apr 7th 2005, 9:57 am
See the BBC for Free

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
I'm a psyche nurse - the job not many people want - so hopefully that will help.

At this point meds and PCC still valid - 'fingers crossed', I'll get a pre-grant before they are needed to be redone.

Karma sent - Cas
Never had the pleasure of meeting one, and hope not to, unless something goes wrong over the next couple of months. Good luck and hope all turns out well.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:00 am
Account Closed

Never had the pleasure of meeting one, and hope not to, unless something goes wrong over the next couple of months. Good luck and hope all turns out well.
Thanks

Just noticed you are in Melbourne, same as us....

Cas
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:05 am
Workshop

nirving wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > First time poster to this forum, which I had found out about it all
    > thoses years ago.
    > I am in Australia on a Business Visa (457) and have just received my
    > PreGrant letter from my Case Officer stating that I have to go and
visit
    > an OverSeas mission for Passport Evidencing. The letter states that I
    > must give arrive in the over seas country 3 days before presenting my
    > visa, and then it could take up to 5 days for processing. Now I have
not
    > contacted my CO as I don;t want to sound dumb, but does that means I
    > have to stay in New Zealand (closest place to go) for at least 8
days?
    > or can I show them my passport and come home and wait for the
decision?
    > PreGrant letter April 6th 2005
    > Police Checks March 24th 2005
    > Medicals March 3rd 2005
    > Application Updated April 17th 2004 (Chose wrong subclass)
    > Application Submitted March 12st 2004
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

I received a grant letter, which the visa evidencing is at Aust High
Comm in Singapore. The letter said it would take 5 days for High Comm
to process the visa evidencing... however, it only took mine 5 minutes.
The officer just took the letter, check against the system, and print
out the label and stick it to the passport, and there you go. That's
it. I am not sure if in NZ they will really take 5 days or lesser.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.