Pregnant wife

Old Sep 2nd 2004, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

terrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really nice
Question Pregnant wife

This has probably already been discussed on here some where but I can't find anything;

What if you find out your wife is pregnant when you are in the middle of your visa application, DIMIA have taken the fee and the ball is very much rolling?

This is all very hyperthetical of course! ie we haven't told our families yet!

Cheers for any info.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Pregnant wife

My understanding is you advise DIMIA and the application gets put on hold until the baby is born then you add the baby to your application and you get medicals done for all family members.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

terrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really nice

Originally Posted by spottydog
My understanding is you advise DIMIA and the application gets put on hold until the baby is born then you add the baby to your application and you get medicals done for all family members.

I hope your wrong, no offence!

we were hoping to get on with it before they change the criteris again and add another to the visa later.

Ta.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 12:58 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

If the visa has been granted and you find your wife expecting, then either baby born in Oz and as (I assume) you will be PR, the baby would be an Oz citizen, thus no visa required. If born in UK, require a seperate visa with its own additional cost.

If find out pregnant before meds/PC requested then you can ask for the meds to be delayed (DIMIA recommend this due to the fact that an xray will be required and (I think) not all Drs will Xray a pregnant woman), then baby when born and with own passport is added to application at no extra cost (apart from baby med). You could have Xray whilst pregnant but then you have the issue of where the baby is born.

If visa is put on hold, then the criteria required when DIMIA received your application are still enforced rather than any new changes.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by walaj
If the visa has been granted and you find your wife expecting, then either baby born in Oz and as (I assume) you will be PR, the baby would be an Oz citizen, thus no visa required. If born in UK, require a seperate visa with its own additional cost.

If find out pregnant before meds/PC requested then you can ask for the meds to be delayed (DIMIA recommend this due to the fact that an xray will be required and (I think) not all Drs will Xray a pregnant woman), then baby when born and with own passport is added to application at no extra cost (apart from baby med). You could have Xray whilst pregnant but then you have the issue of where the baby is born.

If visa is put on hold, then the criteria required when DIMIA received your application are still enforced rather than any new changes.
Thanks Walaj,

nothing is ever easy is it!
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 1:49 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by terrym
Thanks Walaj,

nothing is ever easy is it!
actually for us it has worked out well. Had meds request and eventually found I was pregnant and could delay visa. This has saved us a validation trip and delaying starting a family with the probs I mention above. The only possible problem is if the baby has a medical condition that fail us getting the visa - if that happens the visa would be the least of our worries
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by walaj

Sorry to get you worried, Walaj has probably put it better than me.

The doctors I booked the x-ray with asked if I could be pregnant before they would even allow me to book an appointment and the details received from DIMIa with the med requests say what you can do if you are pregnant and x-rays haven't yet been done.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spottydog
Sorry to get you worried, Walaj has probably put it better than me.

The doctors I booked the x-ray with asked if I could be pregnant before they would even allow me to book an appointment and the details received from DIMIa with the med requests say what you can do if you are pregnant and x-rays haven't yet been done.
Am I right in reading that DIMIA say you can have meds with x-rays, but Doctors say that you can't?

I am waiting for a call back from our agents, hopefully they can put some clarity to it.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Joe65 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

My wife is pregrant but all the medicals except the X-ray has been done already. You can have a shielded x-ray done but at your own risk.

After the baby is born you can have the x-ray done along with the baby's medicals. Then add the baby's details to the application That's all there's to it.

Of course you got to inform DIMIA before you do anything.

Hope this helps.

Joe

Am I right in reading that DIMIA say you can have meds with x-rays, but Doctors say that you can't?

I am waiting for a call back from our agents, hopefully they can put some clarity to it.
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Joe65
Hi,

My wife is pregrant but all the medicals except the X-ray has been done already. You can have a shielded x-ray done but at your own risk.

After the baby is born you can have the x-ray done along with the baby's medicals. Then add the baby's details to the application That's all there's to it.

Of course you got to inform DIMIA before you do anything.

Hope this helps.

Joe
Cheers Joe,

this poses another question though.

It was my understanding that you have 12 months to activate your visa once it is issued, but the 12 months is from the medical date and not the visa issue date.

Say that the meds have been done, the baby is born 6 months later and then x-rays are done, it may only leave a coulpe of months left to activate the visa.

Do you think I am reading this correctly?
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 7:53 am
no longer searching

Do you think I am reading this correctly?
yes - also 12mths from PC if that is earlier than meds (some medical conditions DIMIA give only 6mths, don't know which they are though)