Pregnant on Student Visa

Old Jun 14th 2010, 7:21 am
Bexleyheath to Brisbane

sarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nice
Smile Pregnant on Student Visa

Hello there,

Just a quick question, may have already been answered but I have pregnancy head and can't find it! I am having a baby in Australia, obviously it will not be an Australian citizen but how do I go about getting a British birth certificate and getting the baby registered while I am here??? We will be heading back to the UK when the baby is just under a year so will also have to get British Passport as well.

Any answers would be fab thank you!
Old Jun 14th 2010, 10:12 am
The Mango King

Antney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to all
Default Re: Pregnant on Student Visa

A child born in Australia will be given an Australian birth certificate. You can apply for a British passport via the High Commission in Canberra and the forms can be downloaded off the web.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

525252 has a spectacular aura about525252 has a spectacular aura about525252 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by sarahl322
Hello there,

Just a quick question, may have already been answered but I have pregnancy head and can't find it! I am having a baby in Australia, obviously it will not be an Australian citizen but how do I go about getting a British birth certificate and getting the baby registered while I am here??? We will be heading back to the UK when the baby is just under a year so will also have to get British Passport as well.

“(1) A person born in Australia is an Australian citizen if and only if:
(a) a parent of the person is an Australian citizen, or a permanent resident, at the time the person is born; or
(b) the person is ordinarily resident in Australia throughout the period of 10 years beginning on the day the person is born."

http://www.citizenship.gov.au/_pdf/aci/chapter2.pdf
Old Jun 14th 2010, 9:52 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 525252
“(1) A person born in Australia is an Australian citizen if and only if:
(a) a parent of the person is an Australian citizen, or a permanent resident, at the time the person is born; or
(b) the person is ordinarily resident in Australia throughout the period of 10 years beginning on the day the person is born."

http://www.citizenship.gov.au/_pdf/aci/chapter2.pdf
That has nothing to do with her getting a UK passport for her baby. She knows that he/she will not be a citizen from birth and is not planning to stay for 10 years in Australia. Did you read the original post?
Old Jun 14th 2010, 9:54 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahl322
Hello there,

Here you go. I was looking at getting my UK citizenship by descent so was perusing the site yesterday. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishcitizenship/
Old Jun 14th 2010, 11:16 pm
Bexleyheath to Brisbane

sarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nice

Thank you Dorothy for the website, just what I needed : ) And thank you to everyone else who replied. Much appreciated!