Pregnancy

Old Feb 23rd 2005, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

paddythepilot will become famous soon enoughpaddythepilot will become famous soon enough
Default Pregnancy

I am looking for some advice from those who are in similar circumsance as myself;

My Wife & I have applied for Subclass 137 (STNI) and intend to go to Victoria.

All the application procedures have been donw & we were instructed to get Police Checks & Medicals, with only my Wife's X-Ray outstanding.

However, we just discovered my Wife is now pregnant, and whilst we are both delighted of course, what does this mean in terms of our application?

Will we need to go through the entire application process, starting from scratch, or can we simply inform DIMIA and then continue the final stage (medicals again) once the baby is born?

Any advice or views on this would be deeply appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 12:20 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Pregnancy

Originally Posted by paddythepilot
I am looking for some advice from those who are in similar circumsance as myself;

My Wife & I have applied for Subclass 137 (STNI) and intend to go to Victoria.

All the application procedures have been donw & we were instructed to get Police Checks & Medicals, with only my Wife's X-Ray outstanding.

However, we just discovered my Wife is now pregnant, and whilst we are both delighted of course, what does this mean in terms of our application?

Will we need to go through the entire application process, starting from scratch, or can we simply inform DIMIA and then continue the final stage (medicals again) once the baby is born?

Any advice or views on this would be deeply appreciated.

Cheers.
Hiya Paddy!

Well firstly... CONGRATS!
We found out 3 weeks ago that we were expecting number 2 (a slight shock but a welcome one) I asked EXACTLY the same question to my agent, & also to JAJ (one of the moderators on the forum) and got the same reply..... continue on with your application and at the point your C.O. requests you get Medicals & PCC then say "hang on.. the wife is pregnant...." and apparantly they will put your case "on hold". You then must get the Medicals & PCC's done when the baby is born, & sent off, plus you need to send a cerified copy of both the new bubba's birth certificate & passport to add them on to the application.

Hope this helps.....

Claire
xxx
Old Feb 24th 2005, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

paddythepilot will become famous soon enoughpaddythepilot will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Pregnancy

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Hiya Paddy!

Well firstly... CONGRATS!
We found out 3 weeks ago that we were expecting number 2 (a slight shock but a welcome one) I asked EXACTLY the same question to my agent, & also to JAJ (one of the moderators on the forum) and got the same reply..... continue on with your application and at the point your C.O. requests you get Medicals & PCC then say "hang on.. the wife is pregnant...." and apparantly they will put your case "on hold". You then must get the Medicals & PCC's done when the baby is born, & sent off, plus you need to send a cerified copy of both the new bubba's birth certificate & passport to add them on to the application.

Hope this helps.....

Claire
xxx
Claire,

Many thanks for your re-assurance.

Actually we had done the Police checks & Medicals (all except the X-Ray for the Wife), when we found out about the pregnancy.

Anyway, all is on hold for now & I will contact the CO to submit the relevant form.

I guess this just means the whole process in on hold for about a year.

My understanding is that if they are asking for Medicals & Police Checks.......it's almost in the bag......am I correct?

Cheers.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 1:40 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Claire,

Actually we had done the Police checks & Medicals (all except the X-Ray for the Wife), when we found out about the pregnancy.

Anyway, all is on hold for now & I will contact the CO to submit the relevant form.

My understanding is that if they are asking for Medicals & Police Checks.......it's almost in the bag......am I correct?

Cheers.
Thats my understanding! Nice! Keep me informed!
Old Feb 24th 2005, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

nfernand is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Pregnancy

Congrats....

I do not no the answer but if the child is born in Oz you will be entitle to $3000 from the gov.
Old Feb 26th 2005, 4:55 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Claire,

Cheers.
Be aware that medicals and police checks have a limited validity (normally 12 months) and you face the prospect of needing to either validate your visas very quickly after grant or doing the medicals & police checks again.

How did your wife do her medical without doing the x-ray? Normally you need to do the x-ray first.

Jeremy
Old Feb 28th 2005, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
Be aware that medicals and police checks have a limited validity (normally 12 months) and you face the prospect of needing to either validate your visas very quickly after grant or doing the medicals & police checks again.

How did your wife do her medical without doing the x-ray? Normally you need to do the x-ray first.

Jeremy
Jeremy,

Many thanks for your advice.

Yes I am aware that the medicals are only valid for 12 months, so we might end up doing them again along with the Police checks.

It was funny, they left the X-ray to last and then asked my Wife if she was sure she wasn't pregnant. Because she wasn't 100% sure they said they would do her X-ray after she was sure.

However, obviously she is now confirmed as pregnant so the X-ray wasn't done and the medical reports are being sent to Sydney with a note from the Doctor confirming she is pregnant and everthing was completed except her X-ray.

Everything else was done......is there any chance they might still issue the visas?

Regards.