Wikiposts

pre July MODL

Old Jul 19th 2004, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

Jayhall is an unknown quantity at this point
Default pre July MODL

If those who applied after July are now in the front of the queue how about those of us who are on the MODL list who sent there applications before JUly? I sort of hoped we would be the queue jumpers not these Johnny come latelys. Anyone on the MODL had a medical request or am I just very impatient as my application was sent in June?
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

kirkr99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: pre July MODL

Originally posted by Jayhall
If those who applied after July are now in the front of the queue how about those of us who are on the MODL list who sent there applications before JUly? I sort of hoped we would be the queue jumpers not these Johnny come latelys. Anyone on the MODL had a medical request or am I just very impatient as my application was sent in June?
Hi Jayhall,

My wife & I applied end of January 2004 for skilled indepenant visas. My wife is the primary candidate as she is a hairdresser which is on the MODL. So far we haven't heard a peep other than our CC being charged. So I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a quick turnaround!
Old Jul 19th 2004, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough

Hi

My partner is a hairdresser and we applied in April 2004 - meds requested in June 2004 - personally we were pretty shocked as didnt think they would be requested so soon - doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason.

Good luck with everything
Old Jul 20th 2004, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

I am a Gents Hairdresser myself so if you get there first don't take all the jobs!!!
Old Jul 20th 2004, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough

Ha Ha

Im not sure what the plan is but my other half has been a self employed gents hairdresser for so long I dont think he will like working for someone else. Will be opening own business but will have to do research once we get there in terms of location etc...

All the best with your application and future job!!
Old Jul 21st 2004, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

Nige37 is an unknown quantity at this point

We applied early Feb. Skilled Inde 136. Trade on MODL and not a word from DIMIA. We front loaded a complete application. Our agent checked with ASPC on Monday to be informed it could be "some time".

from this we now feel that the pre July 1st applicants are not priority.

Helen
Old Jul 21st 2004, 5:06 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Nige37
We applied early Feb. Skilled Inde 136. Trade on MODL and not a word from DIMIA. We front loaded a complete application. Our agent checked with ASPC on Monday to be informed it could be "some time".

from this we now feel that the pre July 1st applicants are not priority.

Helen
Hi Nigel,

I don't think Adelaide has downed tools on the pre July 1 caseload but until a case officer is assigned it's difficult to get any movement. That being said, MODL occupations have priority and if you're from the UK I'm mildly surprised they aren't working on your file and there's no case officer assigned.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Jul 21st 2004, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Atticus
Ha Ha

Im not sure what the plan is but my other half has been a self employed gents hairdresser for so long I dont think he will like working for someone else. Will be opening own business but will have to do research once we get there in terms of location etc...

All the best with your application and future job!!
Thats just about my plan too. Do you have any info on the local trade assessment panels? I have read that they vary from state to state but most posts on the subject don't go into any details on the Gents side....
Old Jul 21st 2004, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by kirkr99
Hi Jayhall,

My wife & I applied end of January 2004 for skilled indepenant visas. My wife is the primary candidate as she is a hairdresser which is on the MODL. So far we haven't heard a peep other than our CC being charged. So I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a quick turnaround!
Hi kirkr99- Not so much as a peep? I was worrying that it was just me who hasn't even got an acknowledgement! CC charged though! I put my e mail address on the form but nothing so far...
Old Jul 21st 2004, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

kirkr99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi kirkr99- Not so much as a peep? I was worrying that it was just me who hasn't even got an acknowledgement! CC charged though! I put my e mail address on the form but nothing so far...
Hello Jayhall,

Just to clarify my last post.
We sent off our application on the 31st January 2004.
Our CC was charged approximately 10 days later & we received an acknowledgement letter the 2nd week of March.
Since this point we have not heard a peep. Like yourself, we stated on the application that email communication was OK by us.
I also sent off my newborn daughter's details & accompanying documentation etc. in April so that she could be added to our application. When I did this I requested (politely), in the accompanying letter I sent, that the ASPC send me an acknowledgement that my daughter had been added to our application – 3 months later I haven’t heard diddly.
Ah! the ASPC, you got to love them!

Best regards,

Kirkr99
Old Jul 21st 2004, 7:06 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Originally posted by kirkr99
Hello Jayhall,

Just to clarify my last post.
We sent off our application on the 31st January 2004.
Our CC was charged approximately 10 days later & we received an acknowledgement letter the 2nd week of March.
Since this point we have not heard a peep. Like yourself, we stated on the application that email communication was OK by us.
I also sent off my newborn daughter's details & accompanying documentation etc. in April so that she could be added to our application. When I did this I requested (politely), in the accompanying letter I sent, that the ASPC send me an acknowledgement that my daughter had been added to our application – 3 months later I haven’t heard diddly.
Ah! the ASPC, you got to love them!

Best regards,

Kirkr99

It seems that we will not be hearing from them for a while with all the prejuly stuff going on. I hope you guys here something soon.

Anyway I have a long way to go applied on 8th april. Still hoping to hear something.....