Wikiposts

Pre/july hope

Old Dec 24th 2004, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

stressed out will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Pre/july hope

Applied march skilled oz sponsered
Just received phone call from family in oz and told sponser had call from centre link approx 6 weeks ago, but did not tell me. Have not been assigned a case officer and have not been asked for bond. The good news is that although you may think it is not being processed it possibly could be.
We received our acknowledgment 5th march and nothing since, have front loaded our pcc and meds 4 weeks ago. Just keep your fingers crossed
because maybe too yours could be being processed right now,just because you havnt got a case officer doesnt mean the wheels are not in motion

good luck to you all and MERRY XMAS
Old Dec 26th 2004, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

jinglelam is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Pre/july hope

Originally Posted by stressed out
Applied march skilled oz sponsered
Just received phone call from family in oz and told sponser had call from centre link approx 6 weeks ago, but did not tell me. Have not been assigned a case officer and have not been asked for bond. The good news is that although you may think it is not being processed it possibly could be.
We received our acknowledgment 5th march and nothing since, have front loaded our pcc and meds 4 weeks ago. Just keep your fingers crossed
because maybe too yours could be being processed right now,just because you havnt got a case officer doesnt mean the wheels are not in motion

good luck to you all and MERRY XMAS

Thank you so much for your valuable advice! My appliaction was acknowledged in 7th Apr. this year and nothing ever since. I am waiting anxiously and could not do my own stuff well at all.

Could I ask you an easy question? It seems that many ppl of this forum send their meds and pcc without notification from ASPC(the OZ immigration office). Is this an appropriate or efficent action? Coz I have been thinking of doing so but not sure yet. Thank you in advance.

cheers,
Old Dec 26th 2004, 6:24 pm
mamacares

amendoza is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pre/july hope

Originally Posted by jinglelam
Thank you so much for your valuable advice! My appliaction was acknowledged in 7th Apr. this year and nothing ever since. I am waiting anxiously and could not do my own stuff well at all.

Could I ask you an easy question? It seems that many ppl of this forum send their meds and pcc without notification from ASPC(the OZ immigration office). Is this an appropriate or efficent action? Coz I have been thinking of doing so but not sure yet. Thank you in advance.

cheers,
It a risk one has to take. You just weigh your case and if you think your case if straight enough and you wont have any hassles with timing, then you can go ahead. The safest, of course, is to wait.

Cheers,
Hannah
Old Dec 26th 2004, 10:31 pm
Wanna-be Pommie B******s

Gaz&Rach is on a distinguished road

cheers,
If you applied April then you'll be getting meds request about Feb/March (roughly) so you may as well get it all done now as PCCs can take a few weeks and you might have to wait a couple of weeks for meds appointment. It will just mean that your visa will have to be validated 12 months from date of meds or PCCs. So if (all being well) you plan on going to Oz before Jan 2006 then front loading now shouldn't cause you any probs. The only risk is that the meds are expensive and if your visa is refused for some reason then you will have spent money on meds for nothing (a risk I am prepared to take) but if you think your application is straight forward and are confident of it being granted then go for it!! It depends how much of a rush you are in to go and wether you are the impatient sort like I am. I just can't stand the uncertainty and the 'life on hold' situation we are in at the moment.

Good Luck with whatever you decide.
Rachel
Old Dec 26th 2004, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

stressed out will become famous soon enough

cheers,

I agree with others on this forum, if you wish to get to oz quick as you can , then go for it. If you have no time scales and can wait, then it would benefit you to wait because if your application fails, at least you have saved the time, effort, and costs incured for meds. If your like myself and most people on this forum, we want to start our new lives A.S.A.P . my advise!

Go for them NOW

john& rose
Old Dec 27th 2004, 10:23 am
Just Joined

jinglelam is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Pre/july hope

Originally Posted by stressed out
I agree with others on this forum, if you wish to get to oz quick as you can , then go for it. If you have no time scales and can wait, then it would benefit you to wait because if your application fails, at least you have saved the time, effort, and costs incured for meds. If your like myself and most people on this forum, we want to start our new lives A.S.A.P . my advise!

Go for them NOW

john& rose
Thank you mates! Your replies are so prompt and your helps are so warm~ I think I am just like most of ppl on this forum, waiting anxiously for the results. Nobody would like to live a life that is not within control of yourself! I used to be very optomestic because other applicants' experience showed that it took appro. 7 months to receive the meds and pcc requests. BUT now, everything changed because of the d*** new July process change.

I do wanna start my life, with valid residency, in oz ASAP coz I am going to finish my master made in oz very soon. Before the application result comes out, it's difficult for me to decide if i start my career domestically or in oz.

Anyway, I feel comfortable now because I knew quite a few examples of "front loading" the meds and pcc. I have been thinking of doing so but afraid being a "smart ass" and anoy the case officer.

Thank you once again for the advice. Also, I would say it is nice to share our anxiaty with ppl in the same situation!

Cheers,

Lam