Pre grant letter but what happens next?

Old May 13th 2009, 6:57 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Pre grant letter but what happens next?

Hi guys,

today we recieved the pre grant letter which is great news but we'r wondering what happens next?
Already here in OZ on a 457 and now had the pre grant letter for the 175 PR. We understand we have to leave OZ to activate the visa so to speak and have both to be out of the country at the same time. I have a holiday back to the UK in August for 3 weeks and my partner is off around America for 7 weeks from the end of June. Works out well as we will both be away at the same time.
My question is is it ok that we are in different places to activate the visa's? I shall send my passport to london to get the stamp put in and i guess my partner will have to try get to one of the embassy's over there? It mentions something in the letter about taking 5 days?? Can you not just walk into the emabassy and they stamp the passport there and then?

Hope someone can help?

Last edited by stu:0; May 13th 2009 at 7:09 am.
Old May 13th 2009, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pre grant letter but what happens next?

you both need to be out of australia as you say - can't see any reason why it has to be the same - jsut so long as you have both left.

You don't HAVE to get the visa label either. You could just print off the email copy of the grant letter and take that back with you. It may take a little longer at immigration though.

Also it depends on where you go how long it takes. We went to Auckland and they did just print it there and then. Try checking the website or making contact with the relevant office you plan to visit before you go.
Old May 13th 2009, 9:23 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Safin
you both need to be out of australia as you say - can't see any reason why it has to be the same - jsut so long as you have both left.

You don't HAVE to get the visa label either. You could just print off the email copy of the grant letter and take that back with you. It may take a little longer at immigration though.

Also it depends on where you go how long it takes. We went to Auckland and they did just print it there and then. Try checking the website or making contact with the relevant office you plan to visit before you go.
So we can just take the letter with us and on re entering Australia just do whatever has to be done at immigration? is that correct?
Old May 13th 2009, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

thats what our letter and CO told us and also what I have seen agents on here saying! Also there have been posts on here from others who have done just that.

We were quite prepared to do so also but changed our travel plans quite independant of this factor and ended up somewhere there was an office that would stamp the passport while we waited instead.
Old May 13th 2009, 9:39 am
Sparky Stu

Im sorry if i sound a little thick but we never used a agent so there is no advice coming from anywhere.

It would be good if that is the case that it can all be done as we pass through immigration here. Wouldnt be to bad for me to post my passport to London as soon as i get there but my partner will be all over the place in America.

Thanks for your advice!
Old May 13th 2009, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

We didn't have an agent in the end as our company one gave incorrect advice several times! We did the 175/6 all on our own too with lots of help from others on here and the agents who help out on here too.

BTW

CONGRATULATIONS - its good to get off the 457 isn't it?
Old May 13th 2009, 10:22 am
Sparky Stu

We didn't have an agent in the end as our company one gave incorrect advice several times! We did the 175/6 all on our own too with lots of help from others on here and the agents who help out on here too.

BTW

CONGRATULATIONS - its good to get off the 457 isn't it?
Yes its great! A little more freedom at last!
Old May 20th 2009, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

APAK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I received pre-grant letter on 18th May. I booked fly to Fiji - Suva on 30 May.
When should I go to Australian High Commission? The first day - Monday - after arriving ? Or should I phone to them first? Or go to Visa Office on Thursday?
Should I leave my pass in Office for 3 working days or they stamp visa the same day when you arrive ? How long it take?

Can anyone share experience how it looks?

Aneta
Old May 20th 2009, 8:27 am
Just Joined

blazefemme is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Im also in 457 visa and waiting for visa approval, and pregnant.

How if I got a pre-grant letter before I deliver my baby, and I dont have a visa stamp since that airlines will not allow me to fly at this point in time,

1. will I be considered as PR even without the sticker (176) in my passport?
2. and does this mean that my baby will have the Australian Ctizenship?
3. OR is this a change in circumnstance and my pre grant will be cancelled?

Should I formally tell my Co that I am pregnant and when I am due? Though I already mentioned this to her as my response to some of the further requirements requested.

Thanks in advance for the clarifications.