Wikiposts

Pre Grant?

Old Jul 12th 2002, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

dooda0407 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pre Grant?

After hearing from the Embassy and them saying that everything was fine and everything was included and all they are waiting on is to send out the Pre Grant letter, how long does it usually take for them to send it out? Any replies would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. ~Dani
Old Jul 13th 2002, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

chana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pre Grant?

In most cases, pre-grant letters are sent out with some forms which you have to fill. And also asking you for your passports. I think it will get to you as fast as the local post will take them.
Old Jul 13th 2002, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

Thank you so much for replying. The reason why I was asking is because when I talked to the immigration officer she asked if they had my passport already and I told her yes and then she wanted to know how I wanted it and the visa sent back to me seeing that regular post is untrackable if anything happens to it so she recommended UPS next day air. So I went that afternoon and took care of it and sent them the envelope with the Air Bill attached to it so they could send it back to me. That is why I was curious as if they went ahead with a letter if they already have passport, change of circumstance ( I think I sent that one in too with initail app). Anyway thanks again for replying and any more advice would be greatly appreciated /
Regards,
Dani
Old Jul 13th 2002, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

gunitm is a jewel in the roughgunitm is a jewel in the roughgunitm is a jewel in the roughgunitm is a jewel in the rough

hi there,
if i were u, i would go to the High Commission and collect my stamped passports myself.
Cant trust the post dear, with such a valuable doc.
cheers,
gunit
Old Jul 14th 2002, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

I would but it is a few states away. So what I did was sent a UPS Air Bill and it will be over nighted to me when they send it off and this way it is trackable.
Best regards,
Dani