PR waiting for AUS passport and travelling

Old Apr 11th 2022, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

nhs84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR waiting for AUS passport and travelling

Hi

Had my citizenship ceremony at the end of March and applied for my Aussie passport the same day.
We're looking to go abroad for a week at the beginning of May but not sure about travelling. Do I need to wait for my Aussie passport or is my British passport with PR still valid?
Want to make sure before we book flights etc

Cheers
Old Apr 11th 2022, 11:19 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR waiting for AUS passport and travelling

Originally Posted by nhs84
Hi

Had my citizenship ceremony at the end of March and applied for my Aussie passport the same day.
We're looking to go abroad for a week at the beginning of May but not sure about travelling. Do I need to wait for my Aussie passport or is my British passport with PR still valid?
Want to make sure before we book flights etc

Cheers
You need to wait for your Aus passport - your PR visa is not valid now you are a citizen.

Think it only took a couple of weeks when I applied for mine last year
Old Apr 11th 2022, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks.
I did think this

My partner's passport also only took a couple weeks in November last year but since February this year, since opening borders, apparently its taking much longer to process passport applications.

Last edited by nhs84; Apr 11th 2022 at 11:02 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2022, 1:53 pm
fth
Forum Regular

fth is an unknown quantity at this point

There is an expedited service you can pay for. If you pick up from the DFAT offices its 24 hours if you can plead for the urgency
Old May 4th 2022, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

Any ideas how I can get hold of the passport office? I've called the 131232 over 10 times over the last week and every-time I am just told they are too busy to take the call and it gets terminated.
Its been 6 weeks since I applied

Last edited by nhs84; May 4th 2022 at 2:54 am. Reason: Typo