British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   PR Visa + Spouse Help please (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/pr-visa-spouse-help-please-255924/)

wilts Sep 21st 2004 7:53 pm

PR Visa + Spouse Help please

Hi all,

I wonder if you could help me with this question please. I'm a bit confused and worried too. Here is the situation, I have been granted Skilled Independent Sub class 136 visa, which states that "NOT MARRY BEFORE FIRST ENTRY". I have already validated my Visa and live in UK currently and planning to move for good in a year time.

My question is, I'm planning to get married before I move to OZ and wanted to move with my future wife. So could some body tell me, what will be the rule if I'm going to apply for a spouse visa for my future wife once we got married? Will that affect my visa, because it states that "NOT MARRY BEFORE FIRST ENTRY". Any advice or suggestion would be much appreciates it. Thank you very much in advance

qkeoty Sep 21st 2004 9:46 pm

Re: PR Visa + Spouse Help please

[QUOTE=wilts]PR Visa + Spouse Help please

Hello.. i am not sure if i am write but.. i would ashume that as you have already gone to australia to get your visa validated it would be ok to marry here.. does anyone else thinks so too.. as when you got your visa validated that was the 'first time of entry' into australia...

....i hope i am not passing on incorrect info.....feel free to correct me anyone if im wrong

Jessica and James

JAJ Sep 21st 2004 11:08 pm

As you have validated your visa it will be ok to get married as far as DIMIA are concerned. You will need to sponsor your wife for a spouse visa in due course. Be aware that PR visa holders are expected to be 'usually resident' in Australia when sponsoring for spouse visas.

I presume you weren't in a de-facto relationship with your future spouse when you were granted your visa - if you were in such a relationship, seek professional advice urgently.

Jeremy

Originally Posted by wilts

Hi all,

I wonder if you could help me with this question please. I'm a bit confused and worried too. Here is the situation, I have been granted Skilled Independent Sub class 136 visa, which states that "NOT MARRY BEFORE FIRST ENTRY". I have already validated my Visa and live in UK currently and planning to move for good in a year time.

My question is, I'm planning to get married before I move to OZ and wanted to move with my future wife. So could some body tell me, what will be the rule if I'm going to apply for a spouse visa for my future wife once we got married? Will that affect my visa, because it states that "NOT MARRY BEFORE FIRST ENTRY". Any advice or suggestion would be much appreciates it. Thank you very much in advance

Pollyana Sep 22nd 2004 12:39 am

Originally Posted by JAJ
As you have validated your visa it will be ok to get married as far as DIMIA are concerned. You will need to sponsor your wife for a spouse visa in due course. Be aware that PR visa holders are expected to be 'usually resident' in Australia when sponsoring for spouse visas.

I presume you weren't in a de-facto relationship with your future spouse when you were granted your visa - if you were in such a relationship, seek professional advice urgently.

Jeremy

This question was posted on the lifestyle forum too - I was wondering about the situation for sponsoring a new spouse when oneself is not yet resident. Could cause problems, do you think?

wilts Sep 22nd 2004 6:37 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana
This question was posted on the lifestyle forum too - I was wondering about the situation for sponsoring a new spouse when oneself is not yet resident. Could cause problems, do you think?

Thanks JaJ. That is why I'm a bit worried Pollyana. I hope I'll get more feed back from people in similar situation.