Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

PR Visa Processing Times! Calling all applicants.

PR Visa Processing Times! Calling all applicants.

Old Jan 2nd 2002, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

britbird is an unknown quantity at this point

Insread of speculation, lets get an idea of times shall we!
Please post a thread telling us when you lodged your PR Visa application ( yes we know that IT people get theirs quicker!!)if you are using an agent and tell us when you've got that all important piece of paper.
I thought that it would give us poor 'none IT' people some hope and an idea of when we can expect our visas, so that instead of living in complete limbo land, at least we can sort of have an idea of dates.
We lodged on the 15th December 2000 with medicals submitted in April. Police checks went in at the beg of Feb'.
All the October people I know of have recieved their visas and that team one is now into November.
Thank you for helping folks and keep those didgets crossed!!!!
Old Jan 2nd 2002, 7:54 pm
Pete

If I were you I'd invest £10 getting your police checks done again cos they expire
after 12 months with no extension (as far as I know). Maybe you'll be lucky and won't
need to have them done again but for the sake of £10 it's better just to hedge your
bets. Post them off straight away too cos it's a real pisser knowing that mail takes
2-3 months to be read. That way, when they ask for new police reports in February,
they'll already be there.

Here's my limbo busting timeline:

Applied September 2000 Asked for medicals June 2001 Asked for new Police report
September 2001 Asked for new assurance of support from sponsor December 2001

So that's me. Still waiting for my sponsor to send me the form and documents again
and then a 2-3 month wait for acknowledgement. Yippee! Have fun. And no queue
jumping. Ha.

Old Jan 2nd 2002, 10:04 pm
Winnie

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Please don't forget to say whether it's AU or NZ you're applying for....

(We haven't submitted our application yet; still working on it)

Thanks! Winnie xx

Old Jan 2nd 2002, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

Claire is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We are using an agent and applied 9th November 2000. Medicals and police checks done in May and submitted in June 2000 (without being asked for). We have not heard anything as yet but I did speak to London last week who advised me they were processing 1st Nov apps but it could take 2 months to get to 9th Nov as they keep getting taken away to deal with "other priorities"!

Hopefully it won't take this long.

Claire
Old Jan 3rd 2002, 8:56 am
Jaj

There have been some posts on this NG about people who sent in medicals and police
checks in advance to London (as requested at the time) being given an extension to
the validity of them of up to 6 months. But I'm with Pete on this, as they're
straightforward to organise and cost only GBP10, it should do no harm to re-do them
and send the new checks in. Assuming there aren't police checks from any other
country included in the application.

Jeremy

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 3rd 2002, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

almey is an unknown quantity at this point

WE APPLIED EARLY NOV , STILL WAITING.

CLAIRE IF EMBASSY TAKES 2 MONTHS TO PROCESS 8 DAYS, PEOPLE WHO APPLIED IN FEB AND LATTER WILL HAVE MANY YEARS TO WAIT FOR THEIR VISA, HOPEFULLY THEY EXAGERATED THE TIME IT WILL TAKE.
Old Jan 3rd 2002, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Default Mmmm!

I too reckon that they exaggerate. I'm sure they must get fed up with phone calls about timings even though the system is not set up to inform the applicants!
Our agent did NOT require us to submit our police checks again and so we have abided by their advise!
We applied for Oz and can't wait to get there!
See ya
Britbird!
Old Jan 3rd 2002, 6:48 pm
Hair-Cut-And-Trim

hi from tim i sent my application to london early july 2001 as skilled motor mechanic
so i know im in for the wait,have visted this site for some months now as this is
only information other than phoneing london.so when i was on the main aussie
imigration web site it said you could e-mail phill rudduck so i did. i suggeted they
should have a section on the web site that posted what month a skill team you have
been alicated is up to.this was before chriss and on jan 1 they e-mailed me back
saying that it was a good idiea and would try to get it up and running some time in
the new year so lets hope they do and we can get some first hand info on were there
up to. yours tim.

Old Jan 3rd 2002, 7:30 pm
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

Welldone Tim,

I suggested the same thing at the begining of December and have never had a reply. I think it would be an excellant idea and they don't even have to give us a lot of info. Just the date they are up to would help.

My husband is also a mechanic and we applied at the begining of January 2001 so hopefully won't have too much more time to wait.

Susan
Old Jan 4th 2002, 1:34 pm
Mark Gardner

Hi All,

Here's hoping 3 is a lucky number

I am also a mechanic and received confirmation and file number in April 2001, we
didn't submit police checks or medicals with the application and were going to wait
until about July 2001.

We shall hopefully be submitting them in April/May this year, hedging our bets
that we still have enough time to tie up all the loose ends here before 1st entry
has to be made.

Good Luck Everyone

Cheers Mark & Sibs

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 5th 2002, 5:08 am
Stein The Surfer

i have been a student here for three years and have got a few parking and speed
tickets these years, I have not paid them yet will this affect my permanent
visa appliction in anyway, or will they just catck up with me when ever they
find it for good?

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
before
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Welldone Tim,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I suggested the same thing at the begining of December and have never had a[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > reply. I think it would be an excellant idea and they don't even have to give us[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > a lot of info. Just the date they are up to would help.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > My husband is also a mechanic and we applied at the begining of January 2001 so[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > hopefully won't have too much more time to wait.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Susan[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]

Old Jan 5th 2002, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Default Oh Dear

Stein
I suggest that while in Rome, pay your dues and in da future that you Park LEGALLY!
Old Jan 6th 2002, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

tropicalm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Proc time in Paris, Y not ...

Y not ?
If it can help some...

W0 the week I sent my application (136, IT)

W3 acknowledgement

W20 asked for IELTS, medicals, police, birth certif and yet another good character declaration (even though one was originally submitted)
Moreover, a letter saying that from that time, a 49 day period has started, and a decision will be made at the end of this period...Knew that ?

W22 everything sent off.

tomorrow is W26, one week to go to the end of the 49-day period ...

Ah Ah...

P.S: but to add up a little fun, I have asked on W23 to add my defacto spouse...Otherwise it would have been too easy...
It's worth the experiment!

Tropicalm
Old Jan 7th 2002, 6:10 pm
ndaltonb

Default Timescale

Originally posted by britbird
Please post a thread telling us when you lodged your PR Visa application
Hi Britbird,

Here's my timeline
Agent: Yes (Zeno of Ian Harrop Associates)
Decision to emigrate: Jan 2, 2001
Docs to VetAsses: Feb 15th, 2001
Approval from VetAsses: May 15th, 2001
Application lodged with London: 5 June, 2001
Reference number notified: July 11th, 2001
Team: One (Go for it , Team One)

Medicals: Zeno told us to wait and we will book them in once he tells us to
Police certs: We did send our police forms with the application but will get new one's once we go for medicals.

Hope it adds to teh story, but seems as though we are about 6 months behind you.

Best of luck

nigel db

Old Jan 7th 2002, 7:33 pm
Claudio Falcao

Here's a short-cut of my process applying under skilled IT from Brazil:

3rd week March sent ACS requirement for professional recognition 2nd week April
recieved ACS acknowledgement 2nd week May recieved ACS recognition

(wedding...)

1st week September/2001 sent application to Immigration 1st week December/2001 was
asked for original IELTS, ACS recognition, and professional statements to proove
that I have been working for over 4 years in I.T. prior to the application (sent
only 37 months).

The acknowledgement letter stated 27 weeks of waiting from September.

Bye,

Claudio

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.