PR + RRV - time is running out

Old Oct 6th 2018, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

jersey2perth is an unknown quantity at this point
Question PR + RRV - time is running out

We have a PR visa - subclass 190. The travel facility expires on 31 Oct 2018. As per the Home Affairs website we do not meet the 2 year requirement for an almost immediate granting of an RRV. We are currently UK resident. Work has kept us out of Australia (we have been based in Singapore for 2 years, returning to the UK in Aug18 after the termination of a secondment)

Hubby has been offered a job in Australia. He intends to travel to Australia before the expiry of our travel facility and he will apply for an RRV whilst in Melbourne. The children and I intend to apply for our RRV at roughly the same time but from the UK. We are entirely his dependents, I do not work and we fully intend to move to Australia - Easter 2019 would be the earliest (we have a dog and need to tie up schools and our cars and house in the UK)

My questions is - can he leave Australia whilst his RRV is being processed (ie. to return to the UK) or does he need a bridging visa B? And can he apply for a B or does he need an A too? This part we are confused by....

Thanks you
Old Oct 6th 2018, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

Paul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR + RRV - time is running out

Originally Posted by jersey2perth
My questions is - can he leave Australia whilst his RRV is being processed (ie. to return to the UK) or does he need a bridging visa B? And can he apply for a B or does he need an A too? This part we are confused by....

Thanks you
‘Yes he can, but he needs the bridging visa. He can apply for a BVA on the basis of the RRV application and then he applies for a BVB. However, it would be much better (safer) that he stays put until a decision is made.
Old Oct 7th 2018, 9:25 am
Just Joined

jersey2perth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PR + RRV - time is running out

Thank you Paul. That was our understanding but we wanted to clarify. (I have also emailed you directly from your website)

We are fully prepared for him to remain in Australia whilst the RRV is processed. The time frame is quite open (and potentially long) and we wanted to know that he could return to the UK if necessary.