PR got rejected due to IELTS mark

Old Jun 4th 2009, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

July is an unknown quantity at this point
Question PR got rejected due to IELTS mark

Dear all,

One of my friends got his visa rejected due to IELTS mark. It was overall 6 but 2 units where 5.5. He though overall 6 is fine and submitted the paper based application last year October and today got the new from CO that it is being rejected.

What I like to know is, is it ok if he just sit the IELTS exam again and provide them the new IS result???

Or does it need to start over again the whole process???

Please help!!!!!

Thanks ahead,
July
Old Jun 4th 2009, 8:11 am
Banned

Mukesam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PR got rejected due to IELTS mark

Originally Posted by July
Dear all,

One of my friends got his visa rejected due to IELTS mark. It was overall 6 but 2 units where 5.5. He though overall 6 is fine and submitted the paper based application last year October and today got the new from CO that it is being rejected.

What I like to know is, is it ok if he just sit the IELTS exam again and provide them the new IS result???

Please help!!!!!

Thanks ahead,
July
Felt really Sorry for your friend. If its 175, then I have read on this forum that you can not appeal against the decision. But who knows? Consult a registered agent or Call DIAC. May be you would find a way for this.

Best of Luck!
Old Jun 4th 2009, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

dasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond repute

I think there's no reason for an appeal. DIAC states clearly that the minimum mark for IELTS is 6 OVERALL and 6 IN EACH ONE OF THE BANDS.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

water man will become famous soon enough

Dear all,

Please help!!!!!

Thanks ahead,
July
what was his trade/profession?
Old Jun 4th 2009, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

July is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by water man
what was his trade/profession?
His professional is 175 (Computer Professional .NET)
Old Jun 4th 2009, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

water man will become famous soon enough

His professional is 175 (Computer Professional .NET)
Ohh very unfortunate...being a professional...still
Old Jun 4th 2009, 11:15 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Dear all,

Please help!!!!!

Thanks ahead,
July
There is no right of appeal for a 175 so he would have to start the whole process again. It clearly states in booklet 6 on the DIAC site that 6 is required in each band of the IELTS in order to submit a valid application. I would suggest your friend read the site/download booklet 6.