Wikiposts

PR advice please/similar experiece?

Old Nov 18th 2004, 10:00 pm
Banned

amansingh is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile PR advice please/similar experiece?

Hello,

Firstly, I would like to express my great satisfaction of finding a resource such as this board where so many people are willing to share migration knowledge.

I would greatly appreciate it anybody would share there knowledge if it relates to my situation.

I have had my heart set on moving to Australia for a few years but never qualified on the skills test. I got married in May 04 to an Indian nurse, who has been living here in the UK since Jan02 on a work visa. She is now working on her 2nd work visa, as she needed to change job to move location to be with me. This visa expires in Oct 06.

At the moment, she cannot gain indefinite leave here in the UK until she has either:
· Been living with me for 2 years (spouse application) OR
· Been living and working here for 4 years in total, and thereby automatically qualifies for residency.

Basically, we wish to move to Australia ASAP on a PR visa with her being the main applicant and me as the spouse.

Does anyone know as to whether we can gain this PR now, or should we wait until she has indefinite leave in the UK?

I guess at the moment she is seen as an Indian. I’m not sure if Indian nurses are as sought after as British nurses. My wife does however have 3 years of British nursing experience (2.5 yrs theatre anaesthetist, and just started as in ICU.

Can anyone help with any advice please?

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 18th 2004, 11:00 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

philian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: PR advice please/similar experiece?

Originally Posted by amansingh
Hello,

Firstly, I would like to express my great satisfaction of finding a resource such as this board where so many people are willing to share migration knowledge.

I would greatly appreciate it anybody would share there knowledge if it relates to my situation.

I have had my heart set on moving to Australia for a few years but never qualified on the skills test. I got married in May 04 to an Indian nurse, who has been living here in the UK since Jan02 on a work visa. She is now working on her 2nd work visa, as she needed to change job to move location to be with me. This visa expires in Oct 06.

At the moment, she cannot gain indefinite leave here in the UK until she has either:
· Been living and working here for 4 years in total, and thereby automatically qualifies for residency.

Basically, we wish to move to Australia ASAP on a PR visa with her being the main applicant and me as the spouse.

Does anyone know as to whether we can gain this PR now, or should we wait until she has indefinite leave in the UK?

I guess at the moment she is seen as an Indian. I’m not sure if Indian nurses are as sought after as British nurses. My wife does however have 3 years of British nursing experience (2.5 yrs theatre anaesthetist, and just started as in ICU.

Thanks in advance
Sorry, can't offer any advice, except have you contacted an agent?

Just bumping it back up so someone with more knowledge might be able to help!

good luck,

Phil x
Old Nov 19th 2004, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

ZimBabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PR advice please/similar experiece?

Hello,

Thanks in advance

You might be able to get some invaluable information from the Nursing section of BritishExpats.

Good luck
Old Nov 19th 2004, 12:14 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR advice please/similar experiece?

As far as DIMIA are concerned, she can apply when she likes as long as she meets the requirements. As far as the UK is concerned, you need to check whether getting UK ILR would be affected by also applying to Australia (it could well be).

It may be best to get ILR first. You'd have to get some professional advice in the UK.

It would also be worth your wife getting her British citizenship before leaving the UK. Her Indian citizenship might be lost (depending on how India implements the dual citizenship legislation) but that may not be a problem.

If you're a British citizen, then the residence requirement for UK citizenship is three years. If you're not British then it's five years plus an intention to stay in the UK (which effectively means you must stay UK resident until sworn in).

It's not as easy for an India trained nurse to get an ANCI skills assessment compared to a UK trained nurse.

Jeremy