Wikiposts

Potential ACS Mistake/Need for Appeal???

Old Jul 4th 2007, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

whizbangwallop is on a distinguished road
Question Potential ACS Mistake/Need for Appeal???

Hi all. A friend of mine has just received her result back from ACS, and unfortunately she has been assessed as Not Suitable. However, it appears that this is due to an error in their arithmatic, in that it states "Dates: Mar 05 - to Apr 07 (1yrs 1mths)", whereas surely this should read 2yrs and 1 mth, which then gives her suficient experience...

Obviously she had sent in an email to query it, and doesn't want to pay the $300 to appeal, when it just seems to be based on a simple error.

Question is - is this something that has happened to other people, and is she likely to have to pay the appeal money to get them to review it

Cheers,

Rich
Old Jul 4th 2007, 8:04 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Potential ACS Mistake/Need for Appeal???

Originally Posted by whizbangwallop
Hi all. A friend of mine has just received her result back from ACS, and unfortunately she has been assessed as Not Suitable. However, it appears that this is due to an error in their arithmatic, in that it states "Dates: Mar 05 - to Apr 07 (1yrs 1mths)", whereas surely this should read 2yrs and 1 mth, which then gives her suficient experience...

Obviously she had sent in an email to query it, and doesn't want to pay the $300 to appeal, when it just seems to be based on a simple error.

Question is - is this something that has happened to other people, and is she likely to have to pay the appeal money to get them to review it

Cheers,

Rich
Hi Rich,

Actually, I'd say it's most likely they've discounted some of her work experience as not being fully professional - she should read the decision letter carefully and then send ACS an email if she's sure they've miscalculated. That being said, if she paid the A$300 and it's their error, she'd get a refund.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Jul 4th 2007, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Rich,

Actually, I'd say it's most likely they've discounted some of her work experience as not being fully professional - she should read the decision letter carefully and then send ACS an email if she's sure they've miscalculated. That being said, if she paid the A$300 and it's their error, she'd get a refund.

Cheers,

George Lombard
George thanks very much for that, your advice is really appreciated. I will drop her an email and pass on the info. I'm not sure how much detail there will be in the letter, as mine didn't have much in, but then I had passed so there wouldn't have been much explanation needed I suppose.

Cheers,

Rich
Old Jul 4th 2007, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Does anyone know if maternity leave detracts from experience 'credit'??? This could potentially be the reason for the difference in time, if they discount these periods...

Cheers,

Rich