Wikiposts

Posting medicals - warning

Old Sep 24th 2007, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Posting medicals - warning

Just sent my medical via interparcel (DHL) as so many others have.

The driver tried to insist on opening the envelope despite being told it would void the medicals.

Eventually went to the depot who told me they could x ray it instead but the driver obviously didn't want to make that decision.

Apparently a security clampdown may have provoked this response.

The reason I was posting it was that the DR would only send it international signed for not by courier......
Old Sep 24th 2007, 10:48 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Posting medicals - warning

X-raying the x-rays, hmmmmm Sorry, could not resist.

DHL courier almost refused to take my ACS application, because it did not have an addressee name on it. After half an hour explanation and an Ah-ha moment he still flagged it with something, because the package was hanging in their system for several days with exception status for address verification.

No wonder the couriers are not on SOL!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

My medicals didn't have x rays inside just reports. I wonder if that can be done though????
Old Sep 24th 2007, 11:03 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I would say that posting our medicals was one of the worst things about the end of the process.

Our Doctor refused to send them by courier and then there was the worry as to whether or not they arrived safe and sound.

And by the sound of it, using a courier is even more of a headache.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

vunklawx will become famous soon enoughvunklawx will become famous soon enough

Professional Princess,

I would have to agree with you on that one.

Despite asking our doctor that WE WOULD INCUR ALL THE COURIER EXPENSES, he refused to do it. My meds haven't been mailed yet, though.

However, I'm still concerned whether my meds will arrive safe and sound.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by vunklawx
Professional Princess,

I would have to agree with you on that one.

Despite asking our doctor that WE WOULD INCUR ALL THE COURIER EXPENSES, he refused to do it. My meds haven't been mailed yet, though.

However, I'm still concerned whether my meds will arrive safe and sound.
I spoke to my Dr before going for the meds and told her that I would incur all charges for sending them via DHL and explained why = tracking.

I phoned DHL and explained that they were medicals which would be pre-sealed which they could not open. DHL were fine with this because they were collecting them from the Dr and not from me.

My advise is to do what I did before you go for your meds and then there should be no problem.

Trish
Old Oct 8th 2007, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Trish.

Tracking is the magic workd here! That's the same reason I want to have my meds delivered via courier.

My defacto will have to take an extra exam, as requested by the doctor. Once the doctor is all ready to mail the meds, I'll make sure to talk to him one more time to explain him why I want my meds delivered via courier.

Vunk
Old Oct 8th 2007, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Thanks Trish.

Tracking is the magic workd here! That's the same reason I want to have my meds delivered via courier.

My defacto will have to take an extra exam, as requested by the doctor. Once the doctor is all ready to mail the meds, I'll make sure to talk to him one more time to explain him why I want my meds delivered via courier.

Vunk
My Dr was concerned at first when I mentioned DHL. It was only when I explained things to her re tracking and she understood my concerns that she was happy.

It was well worth taking time out to discuss the tracking issue.

Good luck.

Trish
Old Oct 8th 2007, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Trish,

Have your meds been cleared at the LCU yet?

vunk
Old Oct 8th 2007, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Trish,

Have your meds been cleared at the LCU yet?

vunk
Not yet. They only arrived a week ago so I still have a way to go yet.

Trish
Old Oct 8th 2007, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

jenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nice

oops. mine were sent with UPS. never mentioned about them not to be opened, though i did make it clear that they can't be bent. hope they'll be fine.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Babydurbs is a jewel in the roughBabydurbs is a jewel in the roughBabydurbs is a jewel in the roughBabydurbs is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Posting medicals - warning

Originally Posted by scrum
Not yet. They only arrived a week ago so I still have a way to go yet.

Trish
Hi Trish,

Same as us!! Ours have been in LCU just over 2 weeks, have been told that its about 10 to 12 weeks before they are looked at??? What have you been told??? We are going for a 136 Skilled Visa and trying to get to Brisbane.

Lisa
Old Oct 8th 2007, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Babydurbs
Hi Trish,

Same as us!! Ours have been in LCU just over 2 weeks, have been told that its about 10 to 12 weeks before they are looked at??? What have you been told??? We are going for a 136 Skilled Visa and trying to get to Brisbane.

Lisa
We haven't been told how long before they will look at them but I would imagine that we are in the queue with everyone else. LOL

It looks like they are processing Aug 13th at the moment so hopefully we shouldn't have too long to wait.

Good luck and let me know if you hear anything.

Trish
Old Oct 9th 2007, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

Babydurbs is a jewel in the roughBabydurbs is a jewel in the roughBabydurbs is a jewel in the roughBabydurbs is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Posting medicals - warning

Originally Posted by scrum
We haven't been told how long before they will look at them but I would imagine that we are in the queue with everyone else. LOL

It looks like they are processing Aug 13th at the moment so hopefully we shouldn't have too long to wait.

Good luck and let me know if you hear anything.

Trish
Hi, Will do, all this waiting is driving us mad!!!

Thanks once again....Keep smiling
Old Oct 10th 2007, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

woodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Safin
Just sent my medical via interparcel (DHL) as so many others have.

The driver tried to insist on opening the envelope despite being told it would void the medicals.

Eventually went to the depot who told me they could x ray it instead but the driver obviously didn't want to make that decision.

Apparently a security clampdown may have provoked this response.

The reason I was posting it was that the DR would only send it international signed for not by courier......
Hi there,just been browsing like you do and came acrooss your posting,where are you in Southampton?We too are in Southampton,also weve booked our meds for Monday and Dr says we can arrange for meds to be collected by courier rather than use their usual Royal Mail and was wondering how much you paid to have them courier sent?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.