Wikiposts

posting dogs to oz...help

Old Jan 12th 2004, 5:30 am
Just Joined

redbod will become famous soon enough
Default posting dogs to oz...help

has anyone any advise or experience in exporting dogs to Australia, namely Melbourne?

I have two little pooches and so far have been quoted £1100 for the biz to be done and that will take a big bite out of amyones budget (that is without even looking at booking their passage on the plane)
Old Jan 12th 2004, 5:32 am
WBB

Default Re: posting dogs to oz...help

Originally posted by redbod
has anyone any advise or experience in exporting dogs to Australia, namely Melbourne?

I have two little pooches and so far have been quoted £1100 for the biz to be done and that will take a big bite out of amyones budget (that is without even looking at booking their passage on the plane)

could you not use a jiffy bag?

you did say post.

Old Jan 12th 2004, 9:48 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Who did you get the quote from, it seems a good price, is it just for one or is that for both? I'm in the process of shopping and would like to know what you finally come up with. I've been in touch with animal airlines today and they are sending out an information pack, I can let you know what they say. I've got a chichuhaua what have you got?
Jenny
Old Jan 12th 2004, 6:50 pm
dex
Forum Regular

dex is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm taking my pooch from Malaysia.

The quote I got was about
AUD 1000 for the battery of tests,
AUD 1000 for 30-days quarantine
and then things like airfright, courier charges, professional fees, airport tax, local boarding & conveyance in Malaysia (MYR 2000 = USD 600).

And this is assuming the little fellow is all-clear and doesn't have to re-do any tests or spend extra time in quarantine.

Roughly, this is what you should expect to pay for migrating one dog.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 5:18 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by jensteve
Who did you get the quote from, it seems a good price, is it just for one or is that for both? I'm in the process of shopping and would like to know what you finally come up with. I've been in touch with animal airlines today and they are sending out an information pack, I can let you know what they say. I've got a chichuhaua what have you got?
Jenny
Jenny

the quote as far as I am concerned is pants.......I went to my dogs ( I have 2) vets and went over the check list as per the one posted on AQIS forum www.aqis.gov.au

the receptionist told me that the basic inocculation was what wwe in the UK usually give thier dogs annualy, the internal parasites is that for worms and external is for fleas and ticks so what I was quoted was to visit the vets to get the above. I sent the quote back asking how much for the two crates along with the sizesof the two gods.....thy replied £78 =/- a few pence for both crates...........why are they charging so much????

My local vet has the requesite vets on hand in the practice to fillin the forms and to sign them into the crates on day of departure, all I have to do is make sure they get to the airline departure point in plenty of time........therefore I have decidet o take an evening flight to Melli

I was hoping someone could have told me of someone who could do the job at a far more reasonable price bearing in mind after the £1200 + I was quoted I then have to pay for thier luxury seats which from what I hear cost more than it does for me to go "cattle class"

Good luck, let me know if you have more luck in finding better quotes. I have a pair of Shih Tzu ...... and yes I hve heard all the funnies about Shih Tzu's!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 13th 2004, 10:05 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Thanks for the reply, I got the quote forms today in the post, it will be interesting to see how much they think it will cost. I'm getting all his jabs up to date shortly, he's already chipped so just needs to be wormed and de-flead. The only things left I think are blood tests 30 days prior to flying out. I'd do all the arranging myself but I had a very anxious customer in my shop the other day who had huge problems getting any haulage company to take her dog without going through an agent, she almost didn't complete on her house sale because of it, and it has put me off a little.

jenny
Old Jan 13th 2004, 10:40 pm
lynsteve

Brought my Springer Spaniel over here to adelaide in 1991 cost us about 1500 quid then. That was for everything, vets in England flight, quarantine here in adelaide for 8 weeks. He arrived after 32 hours flying the day before us. Spoke to customs as we arrived and they remembered him , said he was okay, great feeling. He loves it out here, 16 next month.

Old Jan 14th 2004, 12:15 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by lynsteve
Brought my Springer Spaniel over here to adelaide in 1991 cost us about 1500 quid then. That was for everything, vets in England flight, quarantine here in adelaide for 8 weeks. He arrived after 32 hours flying the day before us. Spoke to customs as we arrived and they remembered him , said he was okay, great feeling. He loves it out here, 16 next month.

Lynn

thanks for your response to my message
you said it cost you about £1500......did you do everything yourselves or did you use some sort of company??? di you have to send him seperately or could you have flown on the same plane........I am totally ignorant of import/export

Lorna
Old Jan 14th 2004, 12:49 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Basically when "posting" your pet, the cost is based on the volume of the container for which the pet will be shipped in.. not weight.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 7:05 am
Moved out bush!

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
Basically when "posting" your pet, the cost is based on the volume of the container for which the pet will be shipped in.. not weight.
After getting shipping quotes I've looked into the vets fees and have been quoted £290 for the blood tests, flea and worming can anyone else suggest vets in North West/Wales area and costs please, I'm willing to travel
Old Jan 17th 2004, 11:17 am
Scott Reid

"redbod" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I have two little pooches and so far have been quoted £1100 for the biz
    > to be done and that will take a big bite out of amyones budget (that is
    > without even looking at booking their passage on the plane)

Can't you just treat them the same way you would, say, a washing machine?
You know - scrap the old ones when you leave and buy replacements when you
arrive?

Much cheaper, and the new units should last longer too. (And with the money
you save you could even upgrade to a better model.)

Old Jan 21st 2004, 11:08 pm
Reggie Lee

"Scott Reid" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "redbod" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I have two little pooches and so far have been quoted £1100 for the biz
    > > to be done and that will take a big bite out of amyones budget (that is
    > > without even looking at booking their passage on the plane)
    >
    > Can't you just treat them the same way you would, say, a washing machine?
    > You know - scrap the old ones when you leave and buy replacements when you
    > arrive?
    >
    > Much cheaper, and the new units should last longer too. (And with the money
    > you save you could even upgrade to a better model.)

Hi can I refer you to futurekiwi.com maybe we can help with your
beloved pets. thanks and have a great day.

Old May 18th 2004, 8:20 am
Just Joined

scooby1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone sent an older dog to Oz? my dog is 14 and in pretty good shape I would love to take him with me, but not sure how the long flight and quarantine will affect him.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

kirsten is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by scooby
Has anyone sent an older dog to Oz? my dog is 14 and in pretty good shape I would love to take him with me, but not sure how the long flight and quarantine will affect him.

Hi Scooby, I am also in the same boat as you. My dog is apparently 2 years past his sell by date, although you couldnt tell when he has a squirrel in his sights!! His back legs are a bit dodgy but other than that he is fine. He has done quarantine before (from Oz to UK 9 years ago) but is it cruel to make him do a 24 hour flight plus 30 days quarantine now he is an old man??
Old Jun 21st 2004, 6:03 am
Just Joined

scooby1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by kirsten
Hi Scooby, I am also in the same boat as you. My dog is apparently 2 years past his sell by date, although you couldnt tell when he has a squirrel in his sights!! His back legs are a bit dodgy but other than that he is fine. He has done quarantine before (from Oz to UK 9 years ago) but is it cruel to make him do a 24 hour flight plus 30 days quarantine now he is an old man??

My dog is the same, his bag legs are getting a little unstable, one of his eyes is a bit dodgy, but he still has aa zest for life, he clings to me like glue...being without him would take the shine off this move to Oz, the question is would I forgive myself if he passed away during the ordeal! I'm putting off making a decision, I just don't know what to do for the best.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.