Wikiposts

Posting app to London on a Friday.....

Old Oct 12th 2004, 9:58 pm
Sarah-Jane

Donut is on a distinguished road
Red face Posting app to London on a Friday.....

Hello everyone,

Maybe this is a dumb question, but any answers would be appreciated.....I am blonde after all!!

We will be ready to post off our Prospective Marriage Visa to London this Friday, but was wondering about when it will arrive. We will be sending it recorded special delivery, and I understand that it's guaranteed to arrive the next day by 12. But there won't be anyone in Australia House on the Saturday....will there? Or does it arrive on the Monday?
Or should we just hang off and post it Monday?

I'm confused!!!!

Cheers for any replies....
Sarah-Jane
x
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:04 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Posting app to London on a Friday.....

Trusting the royal mail is tough at the best of times. I would hang on until Monday, then you won't worry over the weekend.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:05 pm
Sarah-Jane

I think you're right. Will leave it till Monday.
Cheers for the reply!
SJ
x
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:11 pm
Anna

Peanuts100 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Donut
I think you're right. Will leave it till Monday.
Cheers for the reply!
SJ
x
Yep definately leave until Monday. Then you can trace it online and normally your money will come out of your account the day it is received so you can obviously keep an out for that too!

Anna xxx
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:12 pm
Sarah-Jane

Cheers Anna,
Have you heard anything yet?
SJ
x
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:25 pm
My thumbs have gone weird

thepoacher is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Posting app to London on a Friday.....

Hello everyone,

Maybe this is a dumb question, but any answers would be appreciated.....I am blonde after all!!

We will be ready to post off our Prospective Marriage Visa to London this Friday, but was wondering about when it will arrive. We will be sending it recorded special delivery, and I understand that it's guaranteed to arrive the next day by 12. But there won't be anyone in Australia House on the Saturday....will there? Or does it arrive on the Monday?
Or should we just hang off and post it Monday?

I'm confused!!!!

Cheers for any replies....
Sarah-Jane
x
Thanks for pointing that out, I was going to post our Spouse Visa App on Friday by Special Delivery, think I'll leave it till Monday now as recommended.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by thepoacher
Thanks for pointing that out, I was going to post our Spouse Visa App on Friday by Special Delivery, think I'll leave it till Monday now as recommended.
I agree, I wouldn't trust the Royal Mail with it over the weekend.

But in answer to your original question Special Delivery covers working days only i.e. if you've forgotten to post a birthday card until Friday and the birthday is Saturday/Sunday send it normal first class as it may get there on Saturday, if you send it special delivery it definitely wont get there until Monday.

Good luck
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:49 pm
Sarah-Jane

Cheers guys,
Monday it is!
SJ
x
Old Oct 12th 2004, 11:03 pm
Anna

Cheers Anna,
Have you heard anything yet?
SJ
x
Hi SJ,

Well I posted it last week (Tues 5th Oct), it arrived Wed, and on Monday (11th) we received a letter saying that they had received it and giving case number and case officer!

So you have finished yours then?!!!
Old Oct 12th 2004, 11:17 pm
Sarah-Jane

That's great that you've got a case officer!
Ours is almost ready, just getting my friend to certify the docs tomorrow night and then it's all ready to go.
Dean hasn't been sleeping well this week, dreaming about visa applications!!!
Hopefully we can go out for a few bevvies on Friday night!
Will keep you posted...
Good luck with your, let me know how it goes.
SJ
x
Old Oct 12th 2004, 11:28 pm
Anna

That's great that you've got a case officer!
Ours is almost ready, just getting my friend to certify the docs tomorrow night and then it's all ready to go.
Dean hasn't been sleeping well this week, dreaming about visa applications!!!
Hopefully we can go out for a few bevvies on Friday night!
Will keep you posted...
Good luck with your, let me know how it goes.
SJ
x
Good Luck to you too!!!!

Maybe next this time next year we can meet up for a few drinks and a barbie?!!!!

Anna xxx
Old Oct 12th 2004, 11:41 pm
Sarah-Jane

Sounds great...
Keep in touch.
SJ
x
Old Oct 13th 2004, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy Re: Posting app to London on a Friday.....

I would wait till monday and I would send it normal recorded delivery and not special as when i did this they tried to deliver before 9am and of course AHC wasnt open strangely enough and it got very complicated and distressing - I to sent an prospective marriage visa and am 12 weeks into the application process with no end in sight
Old Oct 13th 2004, 1:24 am
Sarah-Jane

Oh my god, that's ages!!!!
Did you front load your application?
Was your application straight forward?
I'm starting to panic about mine now!
Sj
Old Oct 13th 2004, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

they had everything except police clearance and medicals which they had lost in the system as i did them in Oz before the app was even sent - even so they have had everthing they wanted for 7 weeks now and still no news - my agent is chasing up this week - dont panic though i have seen people on this website and austimeline apply for the same visa after mine(July) and have it granted in as little as 5 days, 8 days and 2 weeks so you may be lucky

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.