Post Visa Grant

Old May 14th 2010, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

flanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to all
Default Post Visa Grant

As you know we have been granted our visa, which I must add I only discovered by logging on to check the status of the application.

Now I am unsure what I should do next. Do I just go to the Australian Embassy in London with all our passports or do I get a formal document of some sort ?

Thanks
Old May 15th 2010, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

erco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really nice
Default Re: Post Visa Grant

if you got your pre-grant as an e mail as we did. print a copy off and send it to Australia house with a front letter (typed or hand written with all persons going onto the visa and their visa number, your address and and any other information it asks for in your visa grant. then send it recorded post. ours came back in less than a week with visas in the passport. Oh... dont forget to put your visa grant and your passports in as i nearly did

Wayne
Old May 15th 2010, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

qamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really nice

Originally Posted by erco
if you got your pre-grant as an e mail as we did. print a copy off and send it to Australia house with a front letter (typed or hand written with all persons going onto the visa and their visa number, your address and and any other information it asks for in your visa grant. then send it recorded post. ours came back in less than a week with visas in the passport. Oh... dont forget to put your visa grant and your passports in as i nearly did

Wayne
pre grant is issued to offshore skilled migrant visa applicants who are inside australia. for people otuside australia directly grant is issued.
Old May 15th 2010, 7:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flanagaj
As you know we have been granted our visa, which I must add I only discovered by logging on to check the status of the application.

Now I am unsure what I should do next. Do I just go to the Australian Embassy in London with all our passports or do I get a formal document of some sort ?

Thanks
You should have a grant letter, check your spam folder if you didn't get it in your inbox. Then post (special post) the grant letter and the passports to Australia House and enclose a self addressed, prepaid special post envelope for the passports to be returned to you. Mine took about three days.
Old May 15th 2010, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

flanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to all

Apart from the usual "I have a long lost relative in Nigeria who has died leaving me millions" and the "p!nis enlargement pill" type messages nothing in there from the Immigration Dept.

Can I just print off the screen shot on the online application showing the visa entitlements or do I have to raise a PLE ?
Old May 15th 2010, 8:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Apart from the usual "I have a long lost relative in Nigeria who has died leaving me millions" and the "p!nis enlargement pill" type messages nothing in there from the Immigration Dept.

Can I just print off the screen shot on the online application showing the visa entitlements or do I have to raise a PLE ?
I should think so long as they can cross reference to something confirming the visa grant it should be fine.
Old May 15th 2010, 11:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Looking at your other posts it appears that the visa was only granted a few days ago - its possible that even though the onlie status says "granted" the email/letter hasn't actually been sent to you yet. Unless you are in a tearing hurry I would suggest maybe giving it a few more days to see if you get the official notification?
Old May 15th 2010, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Looking at your other posts it appears that the visa was only granted a few days ago - its possible that even though the onlie status says "granted" the email/letter hasn't actually been sent to you yet. Unless you are in a tearing hurry I would suggest maybe giving it a few more days to see if you get the official notification?
It was granted on 27th April, but I only discovered that it had been by chance last Saturday 8th May
Old May 16th 2010, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

riteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to all

I have always seen a couple of days lag between my online status and getting an email. Eg- My CO requested for Meds and PCC on 1st March but got the email asking me to do the same on 3rd March.

Same when I sent a PLE to confirm if the documents had been received, the online status changed to MET on 5th May but I got a confirmation email on 7th May.

Now 18 days ( from 27th April) looks suspicious. Most of the free email providers automatically delete the spam messages once a week or fortnight or atleast monthly. Maybe the email went to spam and got deleted automatically!!!
Old May 16th 2010, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

xqzmp is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a print button on visa status page, better than screen print.