Regards
Old Jan 12th 2012, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

az2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Post Qualification Experience ambiguity

Help Plzz !
Old Jan 12th 2012, 6:06 pm
chapkenv

chapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nice
Default appointment

from the exact date that you can prove (like it will show on an appointment or offer letter) does not matter at all the other months that you have written for simultaneous events DIAC knows that it is possible to accomplish all those while you were engaged in full time work (you were in office/on site on a particular day and date) besides this you need to make sure that your employer/ manager/ hr recruiter will provide a letter (whenever you wish to prove it to DIAC) stating your position, joining date, monthlly salary, number of hours worked per week AND the top 5 job responsibilities - moreover you will need to save monthly payslips, bank statements showing the salary deposits per month and if possible, income tax deducted at source company account statement hope it helps...

Last edited by chapkenv; Jan 12th 2012 at 6:30 pm.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 6:24 pm
chapkenv

chapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nice
Default employment proof..

if you are currently working, the letter should say that you are currently employed, and if you have already left, it should say the relieving date - normally in large companies this is a separate letter after you have completed all pending duties and handed over responsibilities- thus you will have a PROVABLE employment period form so and so dd/mm/yy to dd/mm/yy i knoe this a bunch of information in 2 paragraphs and it will cause you a bit of headache to collect all these evidences, but trust me, it is better to be safe than sorry when applying to DIAC for your visa, they will need all proofs of employment

Last edited by chapkenv; Jan 12th 2012 at 6:41 pm.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 2:03 am
Just Joined

Thank you very much for the valuable suggestion.
So my paid work experience during the last semester is claimable as I can gather all the mentioned documents from the previous employer and I have already confirmed my record with their HR.
Moreover,as I am applying for State sponsorship, the state department will also verify the work experience or only DIAC is responsible for the verification of work ?
Regards
Old Jan 13th 2012, 3:57 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

I would class 'post qualification experience' as anything after graduating. You may wish to clarify with an agent.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 12:10 pm
chapkenv

Cool exp related points

although ur letters would state you working from April 07, best wait until you have the months countable from your experience AFTER the date of graduation (degree award) in August 07...

for example, your degree will say a date on it, say, 15th August 2007

then, that date onwards till 14th Aug 2011, would be 48 months (4 years) exp

so, in light of the latest input from 'gold...coin', the prior 4 mnths don't count

to answer ur second qus - most States ask for a CV and and an assessment from a certified govt. body such as IEAust or ACS...only DIAC go for verifcn!
Old Feb 8th 2012, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

So it means my 3 months full time job experience after my final exams and before the degree was awarded is all useless for them ?
Further comments and suggestions are required plz...
Old Feb 8th 2012, 8:13 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

As already stated you need to contact a MARA agent. Alternatively you could submit your application and see if it is approved or denied.

Another opinion that suits you better doesn't mean it's a correct opinion.

To me, 'post-qualification' experience means 'after' you are qualified and to me that means after graduation. I may not be correct but the only people likely to know are agents (good agents) and DIAC. I would personally prefer to spend a hundred dollars or so to get a definitive answer from an agent rather than potentially waste thousands of dollars on a definitive (negative) answer from DIAC.
Old Feb 11th 2012, 3:55 am
chapkenv

Arrow no ambiguity

it's not useless for, in the developed world, them go by dates and events...

normally, it is the DATE on the 'course completion certificate' which is considered the day of having "completed degree requirements"...in your case, if you don't have the ccc, you could use ___th of June 2007, since that is the date on your final marklist (IF it has all other semesters' results stating as passed) assuming ur marklist is consolidated for ALL years of ur degree & was handed on the day the results were announced like your o.p says...

and then,... your exp from that date is counted, it does'nt matter to them when you started work, you were deemed qualified bY whichever univ you attended on a particular DATE, and that needs to show on your official papers...it's pretty simple;to make matters simpler, wait out the months you need, if you are currently working it shouldn't matter, bcos the rules will change only in July 2012...

the experience DURING your final semester (or earlier summer vacations=internships etc) BEFORE you completed your course and project work unfortunately does not count as post-qualification experience...

Last edited by chapkenv; Feb 11th 2012 at 5:50 am.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Sol2Oz has a brilliant futureSol2Oz has a brilliant futureSol2Oz has a brilliant futureSol2Oz has a brilliant futureSol2Oz has a brilliant futureSol2Oz has a brilliant future
Default Re: no ambiguity

Originally Posted by chapkenv
the experience DURING your final semester (or earlier summer vacations=internships etc) BEFORE you completed your course and project work unfortunately does not count as post-qualification experience...

Disagree. I emailed DIAC directly about this and this is how they replied:

PRE-GRADUATION WORK EXPERIENCE

If you have undertaken part-time skilled employment work while completing a course of study, you may count this towards any General Skilled Migration skilled employment requirements as long as you were employed on a paid basis for at least 20 hours per week at the skilled level. Generally, pre-graduation skilled employment experience would be at the 'semi-skilled' rather than the 'skilled' level and therefore not be acceptable.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

King_Junior is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: no ambiguity

Originally Posted by Sol2Oz
Disagree. I emailed DIAC directly about this and this is how they replied:

PRE-GRADUATION WORK EXPERIENCE

If you have undertaken part-time skilled employment work while completing a course of study, you may count this towards any General Skilled Migration skilled employment requirements as long as you were employed on a paid basis for at least 20 hours per week at the skilled level. Generally, pre-graduation skilled employment experience would be at the 'semi-skilled' rather than the 'skilled' level and therefore not be acceptable.
Hi Sol2OZ,

That's a great news.

My case is slightly different and I would like to write to DIAC, too. Would you kindly give me their email ID for me?

Thanks