Wikiposts

Post July 1st slow down?

Old Sep 2nd 2004, 2:03 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future
Default Re: Post July 1st slow down?

HI SS and others,

There is infact no slow down I just saw another thread about receiving the meds so they are consistent in sending the meds and other stuff. Now we have to see that how consistent they are gonna be for the bond and finalizing the applications.

On the same hand, they are injecting more staff to handle the pre july stuff. I can only say the coming weeks to be exciting to go on... I do hope they keep the same pace on post july as well as handle the backlog quickly and get on with the new benchmark rules.....

---
You can take a risk on selling the house, if things goes wrong hopefully not then there is an oppurtunity to go for a new house and new adventure. I do think its a risk if you are willing to take then it could be fun and adventurous.
I know lots of people may not agree but its everyone own way of going about.

I ran out of things to do other than getting addicted to this site and putting long stories.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 2:20 am
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all
Unhappy Re: Post July 1st slow down?

We are also selling the house before getting the visa. We both decided that even if we dont get the visa we are going to sell up and use some of the equity to fund a year of travelling.

I know we would eventually have to come home and buy again but at the moment they are saying the housing market is going to crash so I think we would still be able to afford something- plus if the market is going to crash, we need to sell now to get our hands on as much equity as possible.

I tell you though, its scary- saying you are going to sell up is totally different to actually doing it- the valuers come next weekend and we are putting the house on the market beginning of Oct- I will sooo miss my little home- will probably cry buckets !!! I guess its just the start of a long process of saying goodbye to things and people.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 2:58 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by natty
We are also selling the house before getting the visa. We both decided that even if we dont get the visa we are going to sell up and use some of the equity to fund a year of travelling.

I know we would eventually have to come home and buy again but at the moment they are saying the housing market is going to crash so I think we would still be able to afford something- plus if the market is going to crash, we need to sell now to get our hands on as much equity as possible.

I tell you though, its scary- saying you are going to sell up is totally different to actually doing it- the valuers come next weekend and we are putting the house on the market beginning of Oct- I will sooo miss my little home- will probably cry buckets !!! I guess its just the start of a long process of saying goodbye to things and people.
I agree with you on that. Its two different stories to say I am gonna sell the house and really puting the house on sale.

Old Sep 2nd 2004, 5:54 am
Chris Wakefield

Hi, all

We applied for skilled independent (MODL) on 1 August. Request for medicals,
police checks and further proof of de facto arrived on 31 August. Quick
enough for me :)

Old Sep 2nd 2004, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Tincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Hi Crazy,

Thats what I mean. Jana1 seems to be the only one who got a request to lodge the bond within 2-3 weeks of sending the meds etc back. I have seen one or two people get their 136s within 5-6 weeks of applying (on Austimeline) - these people didnt need a bond.

So whats the rumour about extra DIMIA resource in September? Where did that come from?

Good Luck to one and all.

SS
Hi SS

Its approaching 6 weeks from sending my meds to hearing nothing about the bond request. I know Jana1 has had a request after just a couple of weeks, but i have not heard or seen anyone else get a bond request in the post July queue ($100K Request). Its strange as i know Jana1 has the same agent and case officer. My thinking is a shift in priorities and the pre-Julys are getting their turn (about time hey guys!) The only thing i have heard is they are very busy in Adelaide and hence the upturn in allocated resources.

Maybe tomorrow i can post a 'bond request received!!' message. Arh well i can only hope.....
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 11:58 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CRAZYboutOZ
I don’t know about a slowdown.

The latest post July applications still seem to get
1. their money taken
2. and their request for medicals and police clearance requested,
on schedule. I think this is a good sign as it shows that DIMIA are implementing some consistency with all post July applications. I think that eventually it will be for the greater good if the process is predictable and the DIMIA reliable and dependable. Sorry for the pre July applicants. It seems they are stuck on the old system. Now you are going to hate me, but this seems like the reality of things.

There seems to be a period of stand still for post July applicants between submission of outstanding documents (meds and PCC) and visa grant. Also a standstill somewhere in between meds & pcc, request for bond, lodgement of bond and visa grant. Could this be what you mean, SS?

How long do you think it will take for us to receive visa grant without bond? What could be holding it up?
Hi all.

I've been watching this whole "pre/post July" debacle unravel for the past 2 months and I think that the whole situation is an absolute disgrace. I find it so hard to believe that the pre-July applicants have been (to all intents and purposes) completely foresaken for the purposes of implementing a new system, which in all fairness is completely unfair to the pre-July applicants.

There doesn't even seem to be blurred lines of distinction between the pre and post July application processing as it seems quite black and white to me. In essence, the pre-July applicants may as well be told: "Pre-July applicants like it or lump it". The whole approach is so overtly biased that it beggars belief.

BUT, I shall patiently remain in line and thank my lucky stars that us British peeps are indoctrinated into the "happy queuer" culture from a very early age

I feel better now. Whingeing can be so therapeutic.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by fraze1987
Yep - could be a bit buggered if we get turned down but you only live once! Dont want to be a position of sitting on a visa while we wait for the house to sell. Only time will tell if it was a good or amazingly dumb move!!
Then at least you'll have someone else in the same boat as you! We sold our house ... I sold my beloved car ... and now we're sittin' waitin' in rented .... but with a nice bank balance for a change! Decided too that if we want 'a new life' then let's go the whole hog, and sell everything else too ! I know a lot of people take therir stuff as 'you'll need it in Oz too', but a new life is 'new everything'!
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

There aint anything better than standing in a queue..it's all we Brits seem to do.

SS
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

There aint anything better than standing in a queue..it's all we Brits seem to do.

SS
True ... the problems with this queueiare that there're now two lanes to it ... and no one can see the length of them ... nor the front!
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Indeed. Like someone else mentioned, maybe a fly on the wall documentary inside those concrete walls would be a great idea.

SS
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Indeed. Like someone else mentioned, maybe a fly on the wall documentary inside those concrete walls would be a great idea.

SS
LOL - The ratings that day would break all records .... and then the forum would be set alight afterwards!