Wikiposts

Post July 1st slow down?

Old Sep 1st 2004, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Post July 1st slow down?

Hi,

Post July 1sters...its all gone mysteriously quiet!!

SS
Old Sep 1st 2004, 10:17 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post July 1st slow down?

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Hi,

SS
hopefully they are concentrating on the pre july :-)
Old Sep 1st 2004, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

I reckon they are. Good luck.

SS
Old Sep 1st 2004, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Hi,

SS
Our 136 app was received in Adelaide on 3rd August and we received the letter at the end of last week (dated 23rd Aug) requesting police checks and medicals. Our Police Checks were posted a couple of weeks ago and medicals are being done next week.

I just updated austimeline as I didn't feel the need to post anything especially since (understandably) pre-July applications seem to be a bit fed up of hearing about post-July applicants getting med requests.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 10:50 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by spottydog
Our 136 app was received in Adelaide on 3rd August and we received the letter at the end of last week (dated 23rd Aug) requesting police checks and medicals. Our Police Checks were posted a couple of weeks ago and medicals are being done next week.

I just updated austimeline as I didn't feel the need to post anything especially since (understandably) pre-July applications seem to be a bit fed up of hearing about post-July applicants getting med requests.
HI
I know we( all the pre july applicants) are fretting about the processing but i think it shouldnt stop you from posting we are all in the same boat some on speed boat and the others normal.
I do believe that the post july has slowed down a bit to accomadate the pre july folks. Only time can tell
Old Sep 1st 2004, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

fraze1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Havent seen any movements of pre 1st July request for Meds etc on timeline either, despite the rumour of added resources in September. Guess its only the 2nd though! Maybe I should be more patient rather than being on timeline all day :-)
Wish there could be a fly on the wall documentary insde DIMIA - would love to know what the hell goes on there!!
Old Sep 1st 2004, 10:55 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by fraze1987
Havent seen any movements of pre 1st July request for Meds etc on timeline either, despite the rumour of added resources in September. Guess its only the 2nd though! Maybe I should be more patient rather than being on timeline all day :-)
Wish there could be a fly on the wall documentary insde DIMIA - would love to know what the hell goes on there!!
Hi

Its just the first week I think we should be little more patient. I do know its difficult but may be you can plan things in advance so that you are well prepared to go when it all comes through.

I have been doing things like
- getting quotation for the moving
- Getting a list of what needs to be done etc....

Old Sep 1st 2004, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by badri
Hi

Its just the first week I think we should be little more patient. I do know its difficult but may be you can plan things in advance so that you are well prepared to go when it all comes through.

I have been doing things like
- getting quotation for the moving
- Getting a list of what needs to be done etc....

Badri,

Same here - we've even sold the house! Running out of things to research/plan!! Maybe I should concentrate on doing my work instead - Can't seem to do the patience thing!
Old Sep 1st 2004, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Badri,

Same here - we've even sold the house! Running out of things to research/plan!! Maybe I should concentrate on doing my work instead - Can't seem to do the patience thing!
I find it scary when people sell their house....BEFORE getting the visa. What if something goes wrong and you don't get it? Obviously I know you can buy another house, but all that added expense etc.

Still, it might just be 'cos I haven't got the bottle.

PS : Still (im)patiently waiting for things to move.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by marco121068
I find it scary when people sell their house....BEFORE getting the visa. What if something goes wrong and you don't get it? Obviously I know you can buy another house, but all that added expense etc.

Still, it might just be 'cos I haven't got the bottle.

PS : Still (im)patiently waiting for things to move.
Yep - could be a bit buggered if we get turned down but you only live once! Dont want to be a position of sitting on a visa while we wait for the house to sell. Only time will tell if it was a good or amazingly dumb move!!
Old Sep 1st 2004, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep - could be a bit buggered if we get turned down but you only live once! Dont want to be a position of sitting on a visa while we wait for the house to sell. Only time will tell if it was a good or amazingly dumb move!!
Ah, but have you sorted out the rest of the paperwork too? Pensions, investments etc?
Old Sep 1st 2004, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by marco121068
Ah, but have you sorted out the rest of the paperwork too? Pensions, investments etc?
done the inital legwork on finding someone to look at the pension transfer and money transfer on the equity we'll make from the house. Gonna wait till the house sale completes before moving that forward though - you still have 6 months from the arrival data in Oz to sort out the pension transfer as far as I can make out
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

done the inital legwork on finding someone to look at the pension transfer and money transfer on the equity we'll make from the house. Gonna wait till the house sale completes before moving that forward though - you still have 6 months from the arrival data in Oz to sort out the pension transfer as far as I can make out
Just PM'd you.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 12:41 am
Post-July guinea pig

CRAZYboutOZ is an unknown quantity at this point

I don’t know about a slowdown.

The latest post July applications still seem to get
1. their money taken
2. and their request for medicals and police clearance requested,
on schedule. I think this is a good sign as it shows that DIMIA are implementing some consistency with all post July applications. I think that eventually it will be for the greater good if the process is predictable and the DIMIA reliable and dependable. Sorry for the pre July applicants. It seems they are stuck on the old system. Now you are going to hate me, but this seems like the reality of things.

There seems to be a period of stand still for post July applicants between submission of outstanding documents (meds and PCC) and visa grant. Also a standstill somewhere in between meds & pcc, request for bond, lodgement of bond and visa grant. Could this be what you mean, SS?

How long do you think it will take for us to receive visa grant without bond? What could be holding it up?

Last edited by CRAZYboutOZ; Sep 2nd 2004 at 12:46 am.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Crazy,

Thats what I mean. Jana1 seems to be the only one who got a request to lodge the bond within 2-3 weeks of sending the meds etc back. I have seen one or two people get their 136s within 5-6 weeks of applying (on Austimeline) - these people didnt need a bond.

So whats the rumour about extra DIMIA resource in September? Where did that come from?

Good Luck to one and all.

SS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.