Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

possiblity of transfering state sponsership to a different state- please help

possiblity of transfering state sponsership to a different state- please help

Old Dec 31st 2010, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

harsha405 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default possiblity of transfering state sponsership to a different state- please help

Hi

Does any one knows the possibilty to transfering the state sponship to a defferent State after getting a state sponsership from one state.?

best regards,

harsha
Old Dec 31st 2010, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice
Default Re: possiblity of transfering state sponsership to a different state- please help

Originally Posted by harsha405
Hi

Does any one knows the possibilty to transfering the state sponship to a defferent State after getting a state sponsership from one state.?

best regards,

harsha
Yes, if you are pre Jul 2010 applicant you are able to change your state by applying for a new state sponsorship ( Clearly mentioned by DIAC and I am totally confident regarding this)
But if you are post July 2010 applicant you have to cancel your current application and lodge a new one
Regards

Last edited by QLDlover; Dec 31st 2010 at 11:30 am.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 11:29 am
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future
Default Re: possiblity of transfering state sponsership to a different state- please help

You cannot 'transfer' your existing state sponsorship from one state to another. You could never do in the past either.

If you wanna go to another state you will need to apply for a fresh state sponsorship and apply.

If they allowed state sponsorships to transfer it would serve negative to the purpose of the state sponsorhip.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 1:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

best regards,

harsha
No you cannot transfer a state sponsorship. The concept does not make sense. If a state sponsors you, it is because your skill is in need in that state, not another one.

If you change your mind about which state you wish to sponsor you then you have to apply to the new state. If you lodged your visa application after July 2010 then you would need to lodge a new visa application as well.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 4:11 pm
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

You CAN transfer your state, provided u are already sponsored by a state and a pre-july 10 applicant, this was discussed in DIAC announcement and it is helpful if u are sponsored by a state and due to current SMP if u are not in priority 2 and see your occupation on another state then you can apply for that state. In case if u get selected by the new state you have to inform old state and DIAC.

So actually by doing this you are not transferring the state because you need to apply for the new nomination from another state.

file is attached See Q11
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
State Migration Plan FAQs.pdf (69.6 KB, 122 views)

Last edited by shafaqat309; Dec 31st 2010 at 4:25 pm.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 6:59 pm
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future

I think we are taking his question wrongly.

He is NOT asking if he could change his sponsorship in his existing lodged 176 application. That might have been possible in the past.

What he is asking that if he could actually change the states on his existing sponsorship, regardless of his application (lodged or not)

What he wants is that he for example he has sponsorship as accountant from WA and now he wants to keep the same sponsorship and just change the state from WA to Victoria for example.

THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE.

WA sponsored you because they needed you. What's the use if you don't go to WA?

You got a facility by acquiring state sponsorship (lesser points, quicker processing). Why would that state let you change your state when THEY sponsored you because they needed your skills.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice

Originally Posted by gr8leo87
I think we are taking his question wrongly.

He is NOT asking if he could change his sponsorship in his existing lodged 176 application. That might have been possible in the past.

What he is asking that if he could actually change the states on his existing sponsorship, regardless of his application (lodged or not)

What he wants is that he for example he has sponsorship as accountant from WA and now he wants to keep the same sponsorship and just change the state from WA to Victoria for example.

THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE.

WA sponsored you because they needed you. What's the use if you don't go to WA?

You got a facility by acquiring state sponsorship (lesser points, quicker processing). Why would that state let you change your state when THEY sponsored you because they needed your skills.
Where is he/she ? let him/her come and explain his/her question!
Old Dec 31st 2010, 8:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shafaqat309
You CAN transfer your state, provided u are already sponsored by a state and a pre-july 10 applicant, this was discussed in DIAC announcement and it is helpful if u are sponsored by a state and due to current SMP if u are not in priority 2 and see your occupation on another state then you can apply for that state. In case if u get selected by the new state you have to inform old state and DIAC.

So actually by doing this you are not transferring the state because you need to apply for the new nomination from another state.

file is attached See Q11
No s/he cannot transfer their sponsorship. There is no such thing. As you say, if they want to apply for another sponsorship they can, although it could mean lodging a new visa application as well. That is not "transferring" a sponsorship.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

harsha405 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys

Thanks for all your replies,

What I want to know is? say for a Example I got a SS from NT and I went there but I couldn't find a job In NT , in that case if I get a job in different state can I transfer my SS to that state.

Best Regards

Harsha
Old Jan 1st 2011, 2:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Guys

What I want to know is? say for a Example I got a SS from NT and I went there but I couldn't find a job In NT , in that case if I get a job in different state can I transfer my SS to that state.

Best Regards

Harsha
At least four people have already said, there is no such thing as "transferring" a state sponsorship.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 3:52 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys

Best Regards

Harsha
No. You cannot transfer your state sponsorship.

The reason NT is sponsoring you is because your job is in demand in that territory. And, you stated in your application that you researched the job market for your specific skill. There are limited numbers of sponsored spaces available, so you are expected to fulfil your obligation to the state. Are you now saying you don't want to live in NT?
Old Jan 1st 2011, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Guys

Best Regards

Harsha
If you get your 176 visa and live in Australia, if you find a job in another state you can move to that state
it is allowed
Regards
Old Jan 1st 2011, 7:01 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by QLDlover
If you get your 176 visa and live in Australia, if you find a job in another state you can move to that state
it is allowed
Regards
Well, I for one hope that the immigration minister closes that little loophole.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 9:03 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by QLDlover
it is allowed
Regards
someone on this forum told me that if u don't commit the statement of living in the sponsoring state for 2 years and move to another state before the end of 2 year period and u got caught, you will be deported.

Any information/reference/experience on this?
Old Jan 1st 2011, 9:18 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by shafaqat309
someone on this forum told me that if u don't commit the statement of living in the sponsoring state for 2 years and move to another state before the end of 2 year period and u got caught, you will be deported.

Any information/reference/experience on this?
Not true.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.