Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

possiblity of transfering state sponsership to a different state- please help

possiblity of transfering state sponsership to a different state- please help

Old Jan 1st 2011, 11:39 am
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future
Default Re: possiblity of transfering state sponsership to a different state- please help

Originally Posted by shafaqat309
someone on this forum told me that if u don't commit the statement of living in the sponsoring state for 2 years and move to another state before the end of 2 year period and u got caught, you will be deported.

Any information/reference/experience on this?
No thats not happening. To stay in the sponsoring state is only a 'moral' responsibility and not a legal requirement.

Moral responsibility = loophole

The similar loophole is also in Canadian immigration.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

harsha405 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: possiblity of transfering state sponsership to a different state- please help

Hi All

Thank you very much for all your replies.

One of my friend has faced this problem, he initial got SA ss and went there and he tried to find a job there but he couldn’t, in the mean time he got a job offer from VIC, Geelong so he informed that to the VIC state and went to Geelong so he is working there now but don't know what is happening when he going to apply the PR after working for two years.

Best regards

Harsha
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Tina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gr8leo87
No thats not happening. To stay in the sponsoring state is only a 'moral' responsibility and not a legal requirement.

Moral responsibility = loophole

The similar loophole is also in Canadian immigration.
Sadly, this is true, however Ottawa is stepping up its effort to block further trampolining and punish cheating economic immigrants who were selected under one province’s entrepreneur visa program but ended up moving to another. A new operational guideline will have such cheaters lose their permanent resident status.

Apparently, it is starting in Quebec but will expand to other provinces.

Although the Australian state sponsorship visa program differs slightly from the above, I hope Australia implements this modality soon to thwart further abuse.

Last edited by Tina7; Jan 2nd 2011 at 10:11 am.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 10:05 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by harsha405
Hi All

Thank you very much for all your replies.

One of my friend has faced this problem, he initial got SA ss and went there and he tried to find a job there but he couldn’t, in the mean time he got a job offer from VIC, Geelong so he informed that to the VIC state and went to Geelong so he is working there now but don't know what is happening when he going to apply the PR after working for two years.

Best regards

Harsha
Why would he have notified Victoria? South Australia was the sponsoring state, so he should have informed the SA immigration dep't and asked their permission to move. Victoria has nothing to do with his SA sponsorship.

What visa is your friend on? Is it a 475? Is Geelong on the list of "regional" areas? I think your friend may have some issues when it comes time to apply for his PR.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Why would he have notified Victoria? South Australia was the sponsoring state, so he should have informed the SA immigration dep't and asked their permission to move. Victoria has nothing to do with his SA sponsorship.

What visa is your friend on? Is it a 475? Is Geelong on the list of "regional" areas? I think your friend may have some issues when it comes time to apply for his PR.
Yes he was in 475.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 2:23 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by harsha405
Yes he was in 475.
Again, why did he notify Victoria? Victoria didn't sponsor him, so he needed to have contacted Immigration South Australia. Perhaps he should have a read here. Particularly the part about "committment to South Australia"
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

Again, why did he notify Victoria? Victoria didn't sponsor him, so he needed to have contacted Immigration South Australia. Perhaps he should have a read here. Particularly the part about "committment to South Australia"
he notified SA as well and he has showed the evidence of applying jobs in SA to SA government.

best regards

Harsha
Old Jan 4th 2011, 1:10 am
BE Enthusiast

wookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nice

No. You cannot transfer your state sponsorship.
Actually you need to seek the enforsement of the sponsored state

[QUOTE=WA result letter]
Please note Western Australian Government sponsorship is not automatically transferable to any other State or Territory in Australia . You are required to seek the endorsement of Skilled Migration Western Australia (SMWA) before making any plans to relocate to any other State or Territory in Australia .

In addition, you will need to seek the approval of the SMWA before making any changes in the commitments made in your application in preparation for sponsorship of your permanent residency visa. [UNQUOTE]

I had to seek an endosement from SA to move WA due to university

Last edited by moneypenny20; Jan 4th 2011 at 7:37 am. Reason: quoting messed up, confusing.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 6:55 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wookiee06
I had to seek an endosement from SA to move WA due to university
what is "endosement"? Is it a green signal from the sponsored state that u can apply for another state now?

Last edited by moneypenny20; Jan 4th 2011 at 7:41 am. Reason: edit quoting.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 7:32 am
Still alive

what is "endosement"? Is it a green signal from the sponsored state that u can apply for another state now?
Permission. He had to ask permission from SA to move to WA.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Jan 4th 2011 at 7:39 am. Reason: sorting quote out.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 8:09 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Permission. He had to ask permission from SA to move to WA.
and this permission would be asked before move or before making application to another state?

Actually one of my friend has WA aponsorship, he has applied for the visa and has a case offcier, now he want to move to Melbourne and yesteraday he called me and informed the plan. I said you don't need to inform WA untill you get sponsorship from Victoria. Am i right?
Old Jan 4th 2011, 9:45 am
Still alive

and this permission would be asked before move or before making application to another state?

Actually one of my friend has WA aponsorship, he has applied for the visa and has a case offcier, now he want to move to Melbourne and yesteraday he called me and informed the plan. I said you don't need to inform WA untill you get sponsorship from Victoria. Am i right?
No. He cannot change his mind and go to Victoria now. He has been sponsored by WA so has to go to WA. He will need to prove to WA that he has tried to find work there before he moves states. And he cannot decide part way through the process to change states. He should have thought about where he wanted to live before applying for a sponsorship.

I think (just my own personal opinion) that the states should inform DIAC that applicants have not lived up to their obligations regarding state sponsorship and have the visa revoked - or in the case of your friend denied. There are limited spaces for each state and your friend is just taking advantage of the state by accepting sponsorship he does not intend to live up to when there are others who would gladly move to WA. I truly hope DIAC closes this loophole and makes 176 state sponsored visas provisional on the applicant fulfilling their obligation to the states.