Positive assesment

Old Oct 12th 2011, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

giri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Positive assesment

Hello all,

I received my positive skills assessment from ACS yesterday (It was fairly quick just took 2 weeks from the date of receipt) and it was a great relief. This forum has been very helpful for me throughout the process, so thought of sharing the news with you guys. Now on to the SS application. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding ACS process, I will be more than happy to answer them.

Thanks.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

randb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Positive assesment

Originally Posted by giri26
Hello all,

I received my positive skills assessment from ACS yesterday (It was fairly quick just took 2 weeks from the date of receipt) and it was a great relief. This forum has been very helpful for me throughout the process, so thought of sharing the news with you guys. Now on to the SS application. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding ACS process, I will be more than happy to answer them.

Thanks.
First question, did you apply using your Bsc or using a Microsoft Certification + 6 years of experience?
How many years of experience did you get recognize and how many years of experience did you document?
Finally, how many points will you be able to claim in total?
Thank you
Old Oct 13th 2011, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

giri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by randb
First question, did you apply using your Bsc or using a Microsoft Certification + 6 years of experience?
How many years of experience did you get recognize and how many years of experience did you document?
Finally, how many points will you be able to claim in total?
Thank you
I applied with Masters and 6 years work experiance. I documented all of my 6 years and working for only one company during that time really helped. They recognized all of my 6 years of IT experiance. I got categorised as PIM 3 Group A which makes me believe that I can claim 10 points for work experiance and 15 points for education. They had mentioned in the letter that my Masters in the US university is comparable to Australian degree (Not sure if this means anything though)
Old Oct 13th 2011, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

I applied with Masters and 6 years work experiance. I documented all of my 6 years and working for only one company during that time really helped. They recognized all of my 6 years of IT experiance. I got categorised as PIM 3 Group A which makes me believe that I can claim 10 points for work experiance and 15 points for education. They had mentioned in the letter that my Masters in the US university is comparable to Australian degree (Not sure if this means anything though)
This is a very interesting feedback as I have a Bsc (3 years) plus various MS certifications and I am wondering how they will rate that. Also, I have almost 8 years of experience around the world but based on my "jobs certificates" I am curious to see how they will evaluate that.
Did you send also copy of your High School Diploma or just the Bsc and the Master?
Old Oct 14th 2011, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by randb
This is a very interesting feedback as I have a Bsc (3 years) plus various MS certifications and I am wondering how they will rate that. Also, I have almost 8 years of experience around the world but based on my "jobs certificates" I am curious to see how they will evaluate that.
Did you send also copy of your High School Diploma or just the Bsc and the Master?
I just sent my Bachelors and Masters.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

I just sent my Bachelors and Masters.
Oh great, this is really interesting as I have my Diploma "not in english" but all my other papers in english and I was struggling.
About the IELTS, are you mother tongue english?
Old Oct 17th 2011, 4:09 am
Just Joined

dil77 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got the recent ACS assessment and it was catergorised as PIM3 Group B do you have any idea how many points will I get???
I have a Bsc and have 8+ years of experience. do you have any idea about how much of points I will get ????