Police clearance question

Old Jul 11th 2008, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

guiguioz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police clearance question

Hi,
I have lodged today my online application for a 175 visa.
I am currently in Australia under a 457 visa from 07 September 2007.
I am from France and my police clearance is dated 10 July 2007. I have left France on 07 September 2007 and have not returned since.
Should I get a new police clearance from France?
Also, do I need an Australian police clearance (I have been living here for 10 months but it will be more than 12 months when my visa will be granted)??
Thanks for your help!
Old Jul 11th 2008, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Scotland to Saudi to Scotland to Netherlands to Scotland to Oz!
Fima_Cege will become famous soon enoughFima_Cege will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Police clearance question

wouldn't like to say on this one - try speaking to Polyanna (I seem to remember she has experience with this sort of thing) - good luck
Old Jul 11th 2008, 11:26 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guiguioz
Hi,
I have lodged today my online application for a 175 visa.
I am currently in Australia under a 457 visa from 07 September 2007.
I am from France and my police clearance is dated 10 July 2007. I have left France on 07 September 2007 and have not returned since.
Should I get a new police clearance from France?
Also, do I need an Australian police clearance (I have been living here for 10 months but it will be more than 12 months when my visa will be granted)??
Thanks for your help!
Don't know about the French one I'm afraid, you'd need to ask DIAC. As for the Aussie one, I'd get one to be on the safe side as you are so close to the 12 months
Old Jul 12th 2008, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

johnokiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We've been looking through the info we have and have the same issue with a police clearance certificate we got 3 months before we left the UK (and haven't returned). It'd be a shame to have to apply for new ones! I'll have to try the DIAC too and let you know the response (if you haven't found out already..)
Old Jul 13th 2008, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

bahaa.mourad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johnokiwi
Hi

We've been looking through the info we have and have the same issue with a police clearance certificate we got 3 months before we left the UK (and haven't returned). It'd be a shame to have to apply for new ones! I'll have to try the DIAC too and let you know the response (if you haven't found out already..)
let me be shared please
same situation here ! but from ksa done june 2008 and left june 2008 and in form 47p stating that ksa is the only country that no procedure to get pcc once left so if asked i dont know what to do !!!
Old Jul 13th 2008, 1:35 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bahaa.mourad
let me be shared please
same situation here ! but from ksa done june 2008 and left june 2008 and in form 47p stating that ksa is the only country that no procedure to get pcc once left so if asked i dont know what to do !!!
If asked, you can refer them to their own form 47P in that case, as they will already know that you cannot get a PCC. They may ask you for a Stat Dec to say that had no criminal record there.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Scotland to Saudi to Scotland to Netherlands to Scotland to Oz!
Fima_Cege will become famous soon enoughFima_Cege will become famous soon enough

Hi there - we also worked in Saudi for 6 years, and my husband had to go to an aussie embassy and get a statutory declaration witnessed by them saying that he had not been in any trouble during his time there. Hope this helps. Not everyone has to get them, but it depends on your situation. As ours was for a long time (in which they couldn't tell if we had been good or not) then they wanted a lot more evidence prior to that and obviously since then. The stat dec is just something that has to be signed in front of a consular officer, you don't have to write anything. Good luck! Fi and Bob
Old Jul 14th 2008, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

bahaa.mourad is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Police clearance question

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If asked, you can refer them to their own form 47P in that case, as they will already know that you cannot get a PCC. They may ask you for a Stat Dec to say that had no criminal record there.
Thanks for the information and i think that will happen if asked a stat declaration plus the pcc done before leaving by few days...thanks alot