Wikiposts

Police clearance question

Old Feb 23rd 2005, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future
Default Police clearance question

When hubby was 17 he was done for ABH and carryinging an offensive weapon (stupid boy), 20 years ago now. Could this go against him in his police check. It was one of those silly booze fulled teenage things. Hes done nothing else wrong since.

Last edited by midge04; Feb 23rd 2005 at 10:37 am. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 10:56 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Police clearance question

there have been visa grants for people with much more on there police checks so i would not worry too much

Rob

Originally Posted by midge04
When hubby was 17 he was done for ABH and carryinging an offensive weapon (stupid boy), 20 years ago now. Could this go against him in his police check. It was one of those silly booze fulled teenage things. Hes done nothing else wrong since.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 11:58 am
Gee of the Bee Member

Beegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really nice

I would have thought that would now be classed as a spent convition due to how long ago it was.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 2:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beegee
I would have thought that would now be classed as a spent convition due to how long ago it was.
Not necessarily - its an offence involving violence,which gives it a longer life, and it also depends on the sentence.
Even if it is spent, its still declarable for immigration purposes.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Not necessarily - its an offence involving violence,which gives it a longer life, and it also depends on the sentence.
Even if it is spent, its still declarable for immigration purposes.
He didnt get a sentance, just a fine i think, and bound over to keep the peace.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 1:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

He didnt get a sentance, just a fine i think, and bound over to keep the peace.
In that case it MIGHT be weedable - so wouldn't appear on his record, but I would still recommend declaring it. Shouldnt affect his chances of a visa, thats the important thing, especially as he was a kid then - write an explanatory letter with all the circumstances....ie boozed up teenager, and just be honest.

If the police check does come back with the conviction on it, you can always write to the Commander at New Scotland Yard and ask if it is eligible to be weeded. I can't say for sure - been out of the job too long!

One thing to remember - there are people on here, who have got their visas, and who have far far worse records.
Old Mar 7th 2005, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

Sydney Side is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys- sorry to hijack the thread but ive been searching for some info on this for a while and it looks like you might be able to help...

Im living in Sydney (have been for 4 years), grew up in Sunderland and went to uni in Nottingham- im assuming i have to get police records from all 3 areas? If so how do I go about getting the english records? Can it be done online?

Also, i recieved a caution 8 years ago when i was 18- will this appear on the records and if so how does it affect the application? (Do i have to write an enclosed explanation?)

Thanks in adavance...
Old Mar 7th 2005, 5:36 pm

LittleL is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sydney Side
Guys- sorry to hijack the thread but ive been searching for some info on this for a while and it looks like you might be able to help...

Im living in Sydney (have been for 4 years), grew up in Sunderland and went to uni in Nottingham- im assuming i have to get police records from all 3 areas? If so how do I go about getting the english records? Can it be done online?

Thanks in adavance...
If i am not mistaken you will just apply once to the UK see the link below it is pretty useful. You can get all the forms online etc I got mine online from my regional site in Scotland. This was a useful thread i read a while ago. Check it out. Pollyanna is an expert on this topic so she will probably fill you in, but this previous thread pretty much does the job for this part of your query.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...&highlight=PCC

As for the other stuff..I am not sure.

If you have been in Australia for more that 12months you will also need police clearance. I am not sure of the form number but you can get that from immigration....someone else will also fill you in hopefully.

Last edited by LittleL; Mar 7th 2005 at 5:39 pm.