Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Police Clearance Certificates: Problems getting a South African one

Police Clearance Certificates: Problems getting a South African one

Old Jun 24th 2009, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

candysa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Clearance Certificates: Problems getting a South African one

Hi! We're in the process of applying for a PCC from South Africa for my immigration to Australia. We have the 23B form and all the info on how to apply, but des anyone know where you get fingerprints done and what form are they printed on? I live up in Manchester so going to South Africa house is a mission!
Old Jun 24th 2009, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

EverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really nice

Originally Posted by candysa
Hi! We're in the process of applying for a PCC from South Africa for my immigration to Australia. We have the 23B form and all the info on how to apply, but des anyone know where you get fingerprints done and what form are they printed on? I live up in Manchester so going to South Africa house is a mission!
I believe you must go to your local police station. A full set of finger prints costs aroun £60! Expensive fingers hey! That is the price where I live and in London so should be more or less the same where you are. The prints will be put into a special finger print card which must be sent off with your application.

Can I ask where did you get the form from please?
Old Jun 25th 2009, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

SantaM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EverydaySunshine
I believe you must go to your local police station. A full set of finger prints costs aroun £60! Expensive fingers hey! That is the price where I live and in London so should be more or less the same where you are. The prints will be put into a special finger print card which must be sent off with your application.

Can I ask where did you get the form from please?
You can use this link to download form http://www.sahc.org.au/police.htm. There are bank details as well. Quality of form is superb

Cheers
Old Jun 25th 2009, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

EverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really nice

Originally Posted by SantaM
You can use this link to download form http://www.sahc.org.au/police.htm. There are bank details as well. Quality of form is superb

Cheers
Thank you. I have never seen anything so basic . I had an email from SAPS this morning FINALLY saying the form could not be downloaded! At last of the form but now the long wait for everything.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

SantaM is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you. I have never seen anything so basic . I had an email from SAPS this morning FINALLY saying the form could not be downloaded! At last of the form but now the long wait for everything.
There is one extra document what i've found.Check attachment

Cheers
Attached Files
Old Jun 25th 2009, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SantaM
There is one extra document what i've found.Check attachment

Cheers
SantaM thank you for posting these forms. Will you please confirm which is the correct one to use? What I mean is, is one for residents and non residents? I don't mean to sound confusing.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

It's the same form just without the logo. I believe there is no "official" form and those posted on here provide guidance as to the information they need to be able to do the PCC.

This is off the SAPS website:
......" There is no specific application form available from the SAPS, however the following information must be contained in the applicant’s letter/request addressed to the SAPS – Criminal Record Centre when submitting their application for a Police Clearance Certificate or refer to attached Annex 23B (Application for a Police Clearance Certificate) which has been designed to facilitate inquiries. The following details are required:

a) Surname
b) Maiden name (if applicable, also specify in which surname the certificate
should to be issued)
c) Given names
d) Date of birth
e) Place of birth
f) South African ID number (if applicable)
g) Last residential address in South Africa
h) Last SA business / employer's address
i) Telephone number of the above (h)
j) Date
k) Signature
l) Mailing address in the country of application
m) Zip/Postal Code
n) Telephone number.........................................."

Just give them everything they require and you will get your PCC.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for all the links. Can you just download and print that fingerprint form? Cos my passport fingerprint form is on a special kind of paper. Sometimes I do wish I was back in SA where you can just walk into any police station and request these - for FREE!! Only one police station in Manchester is authorised to take fingerprints for documents.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

I got my finger prints done at the Guildford HQ. They have their own forms and they sign and stamp them with the UK police stuff. That's what you are paying £60 I suppose!
Old Jun 25th 2009, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick
I got my finger prints done at the Guildford HQ. They have their own forms and they sign and stamp them with the UK police stuff. That's what you are paying £60 I suppose!
I agree, not to mention the Fingerprint expert probably earns a fat salary as well. I spoke to a couple yesterday who said in 2005 Fingerprints cost between £15 and £24!!!!
Old Jun 25th 2009, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Does anyone have any suggestions for the best way to get my PCC application to SA and back? I was going to send it to my mom back home and get her to courier it and get it posted back to her.
Finally have an appointment to get my fingerprints done!
Old Jun 25th 2009, 11:47 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone have any suggestions for the best way to get my PCC application to SA and back? I was going to send it to my mom back home and get her to courier it and get it posted back to her.
Finally have an appointment to get my fingerprints done!
We used these people to get my husband's documents signed and returned from Jo'burg. (This is useful if you have no-one on the ground in SA). I think it cost GPB 150 and they were back within a fortnight. (Much quicker than our UK ones even though we were based in the West Midlands).

http://policeclearance.blogspot.com/

see below

http://www.dkpinvestigations.com/Pol...th_Africa.html
Old Jun 25th 2009, 12:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

So has anyone had their fingerprints done at the SA High Commission in Trafalgar Square for their PCC? If so how much did it cost?

We had ours done there when renewing our passports (free), so it must be possible!

I might give them call and find out.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alfresco
So has anyone had their fingerprints done at the SA High Commission in Trafalgar Square for their PCC? If so how much did it cost?

We had ours done there when renewing our passports (free), so it must be possible!

I might give them call and find out.

I tried calling SA house for the last 2 days and there's no response from the people responsible for PCC. Hope you have better luck! Let me know if it is possible as I'm renewing my passport in my married name and having PCC done so being charged £60 for each set of fingerprints.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 1:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

I tried calling SA house for the last 2 days and there's no response from the people responsible for PCC. Hope you have better luck! Let me know if it is possible as I'm renewing my passport in my married name and having PCC done so being charged £60 for each set of fingerprints.
They have moved office temporarily due to a refurb, that's probably why no answer or something. I tried a few Consular numbers but they were engaged.

No fingerprint service without appt while refurb going on.

See this link:- http://www.southafricahouse.com/Consulate/SA_Cit.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.