Wikiposts

Police Clearance Certificate Question

Old May 6th 2007, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

suchngkan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police Clearance Certificate Question

Dear Everyone

Just a question about police clearances... I am aware that the application of Police Clearance Cettificate can take upto 40 days... When do you start counting the number of days... is it the day after you send the request by post?

Thanks.

Kind regards
suchngkan
Old May 6th 2007, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all
Default Re: Police Clearance Certificate Question

We sent ours off on 2nd April and were still waiting for them.
Old May 6th 2007, 8:10 am
IT Guru

TheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really nice
Wink Re: Police Clearance Certificate Question

Originally Posted by suchngkan
Dear Everyone

Just a question about police clearances... I am aware that the application of Police Clearance Cettificate can take upto 40 days... When do you start counting the number of days... is it the day after you send the request by post?

Thanks.

Kind regards
suchngkan
From the date on your receipt.

If you haven't heard from them after 40 days, phone them and demand the certificate.
Old May 6th 2007, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TheSubMainMan
From the date on your receipt.

If you haven't heard from them after 40 days, phone them and demand the certificate.
Mine arrived yesterday which was 37 days after the date on the receipt. BTW the date on the receipt was 2 days after I posted it!
Old May 6th 2007, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Dear Everyone

Thanks for all your reply...

Kind regards
suchngkan
Old May 6th 2007, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

nalin is a jewel in the roughnalin is a jewel in the roughnalin is a jewel in the roughnalin is a jewel in the roughnalin is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by suchngkan
Dear Everyone

Thanks for all your reply...

Kind regards
suchngkan
Is there any specific form to fill & send with PCC??...
Old May 6th 2007, 8:04 pm
IT Guru

TheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really nice

Originally Posted by nalin
Is there any specific form to fill & send with PCC??...
Yes, for the UK you can download from here:

http://www.met.police.uk/dataprotection/forms.htm

Bring it to your local police station with your passport and £10.

Old May 6th 2007, 8:48 pm
HJG
Forum Regular

HJG is on a distinguished road

Just a quick piece of advice, mark day 40 in your diary and if it hasn't been received ring that day, don't delay and think it will be there the next day, or the one after that.

The reason I say this is that our checks were inadvertantly sent to the wrong address, and it was only when we rang up on day 40 to check that we discovered what had happened. They were great at sorting it out, and we had the checks by day 43.

40 days is 40 actual days not 40 working days by the way.

HJG
Old May 22nd 2007, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

I got my PCC as well!!! Thanks!!!
Old May 22nd 2007, 11:53 pm
IT Guru

Red face Re: Police Clearance Certificate Question

Still waiting for mine

The dead line is up this Sunday, and I'll be away in Ireland.:curse:

But it says a lot about them, as a service. When they just hold back the requests for the sake of consuming the 40 days. Just because they can.

A***h***s!
Old May 23rd 2007, 12:01 am
IT Guru

Still waiting for mine

The dead line is up this Sunday, and I'll be away in Ireland.:curse:

But it says a lot about them, as a service. When they just hold back the requests for the sake of consuming the 40 days. Just because they can.

A***h***s!

Well blow me down,

I just posted the above and the wife phones saying they have arrived!!!

Apparently I have a NON Conviction !!!! Whats one of them?

It was to do with a fight I was involved in. so the charge was ABH, pleaded not guilty, end of story.

Apparently not !

Mmmmm I think I need a good solicitor on this one.

Last edited by Pollyana; May 23rd 2007 at 2:15 pm. Reason: Ops request!
Old May 23rd 2007, 3:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I can only apologies for my most cynical posting. I suffer from suspicion syndrome, especially when stressed and frustrated.

I'm very sorry and remain corrected.
Thats OK I can understand the frustration - been there myself. Its one area of the police where there is a serious lack of resources and they do their best. Constant piles of work, and every phone call is an "urgent one".
Anyway....

...theres a reasonable chance that you can get your non-conviction removed from the record. Its worth looking into, although it may not come through in time for your visa application. Going on the fact that you were found Not Guilty, and if it was a straightforward ABH case (nothing nasty, no kids involved etc) then I think it can probably be weeded. They may have already sent it for weeding - the Police National Computer (PNC) is so big that its only when things like this come to light that they submit them for removal. I suggest you could write to the Commissioner at New Scotland Yard and ask that he review your record, with a view to weeding it. If he feels its not suitable/eligible for weeding, then I suggest that you ask why.
He will have to answer (well, someone on his behalf!) and then if its removed you can apply for a police check which will be clear.

Its on there because the arrest record went on, then when the result sheet came through it may have been at the time when policy was to put them on PNC.

The good news is that its not a conviction, and even says "non-conviction". Thats just what it says, you were found not guilty, so its not a conviction.
No need for a solicitor, just a polite letter to the Yard, and maybe a chat with an agent like Alan or George to ask if you need to explain the case to DIAC.

Old May 23rd 2007, 4:09 am
IT Guru

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Thats OK I can understand the frustration - been there myself. Its one area of the police where there is a serious lack of resources and they do their best. Constant piles of work, and every phone call is an "urgent one".
Anyway....

...theres a reasonable chance that you can get your non-conviction removed from the record. Its worth looking into, although it may not come through in time for your visa application. Going on the fact that you were found Not Guilty, and if it was a straightforward ABH case (nothing nasty, no kids involved etc) then I think it can probably be weeded. They may have already sent it for weeding - the Police National Computer (PNC) is so big that its only when things like this come to light that they submit them for removal. I suggest you could write to the Commissioner at New Scotland Yard and ask that he review your record, with a view to weeding it. If he feels its not suitable/eligible for weeding, then I suggest that you ask why.
He will have to answer (well, someone on his behalf!) and then if its removed you can apply for a police check which will be clear.

Its on there because the arrest record went on, then when the result sheet came through it may have been at the time when policy was to put them on PNC.

The good news is that its not a conviction, and even says "non-conviction". Thats just what it says, you were found not guilty, so its not a conviction.
No need for a solicitor, just a polite letter to the Yard, and maybe a chat with an agent like Alan or George to ask if you need to explain the case to DIAC.

wow!

I'm really embarrassed, especially after posting the offensive comments. I have tried to delete them or edit them out, but it's not possible now.

I must stop and think more!

Many thanks for the advice, I will do exactly as you have recommended. If I can't get the item removed in time. I'll get a letter from a solicitor explaining what the item actual means. Just incase.

Big thanks again & thanks for the forgiveness Thats much appresiated.

Old May 23rd 2007, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

suki is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a quick question, how long are the PCC valid for?

thanks
Old May 23rd 2007, 5:26 am
IT Guru

Originally Posted by suki
Just a quick question, how long are the PCC valid for?

thanks
one year.

you must arrive in OZ before they expire!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.