British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Police Clearance certificate (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/police-clearance-certificate-673122/)

noux79 Jun 19th 2010 8:29 pm

Police Clearance certificate

Hi all...
Can someone help me with my question....am a little bit confused abt the following" You must provide police certificates for each country you have lived in for 12 months or more over the last ten (10) years since turning 16"

Me and DB ar trying to work out what that means - do we need to provide police clearance since turning 16 for each country we've lived in for 12 mths or more? Or do we just need to provide the police certificate clearance for the last 10 years? :confused:

Am 31 and my BF is 39....any answers will b most welcome.

Thanks
Noux79

rahrah Jun 19th 2010 8:33 pm

Re: Police Clearance certificate

Originally Posted by noux79 (Post 8643460)
Hi all...
Can someone help me with my question....am a little bit confused abt the following" You must provide police certificates for each country you have lived in for 12 months or more over the last ten (10) years since turning 16"

Me and DB ar trying to work out what that means - do we need to provide police clearance since turning 16 for each country we've lived in for 12 mths or more? Or do we just need to provide the police certificate clearance for the last 10 years? :confused:

Am 31 and my BF is 39....any answers will b most welcome.

Thanks
Noux79

Hi - that will be all the countries you have lived in for 12 months or more since you were 21 & BF 29! Want a 10 year Police history if you stayed anywhere for a year or more! Does that sound clearer? I think you can talk yourself in circles with some of the Visa-lingo :lol: Good luck

noux79 Jun 19th 2010 8:49 pm

Thanks Rahrah for yr reply...some of the words they use can be a bit too much ...somtimes i wonder if its english at all!!!!
I can see yr visa was granted very quick ...am researching and hoping to apply soon myself - Hope the new rules dont put an end to all visas applications
We will b going the skilled route as my bf is a plumber with 22 yrs experience...
Which visa did u apply for,hw much did it cost,whats yr occupation n where r u from?

Sorry too many questions......its driving me mad trying to find out things :confused:

Thanks

rahrah Jun 19th 2010 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by noux79 (Post 8643483)
Thanks Rahrah for yr reply...some of the words they use can be a bit too much ...somtimes i wonder if its english at all!!!!
I can see yr visa was granted very quick ...am researching and hoping to apply soon myself - Hope the new rules dont put an end to all visas applications
We will b going the skilled route as my bf is a plumber with 22 yrs experience...
Which visa did u apply for,hw much did it cost,whats yr occupation n where r u from?

Sorry too many questions......its driving me mad trying to find out things :confused:

Thanks

Don't worry - I remember it well - so much to take in and do!!!
I got a 175 Skilled independant grant in April (nurse) - applied Dec 09 (full details on personal profile).
Now the money side - I haven't dared add it all up (don't want to know) - Visa application was £1400 BUT there are loads of other smaller costs, i.e skills verification, certification of documents, meds etc :eek: - scary :ohmy:
Just the house to sell but in a Market that is dead in its shoes (Lancashire) there lies our next challenge......!
Good luck for the road ahead :thumbsup:

noux79 Jun 19th 2010 9:32 pm

Well thats another one of our worry too - the house market!!we r in lancashire.....But thats still a long way for us but in the back of our minds
:(

Good luck and hope u sell yr hse soon....and thanks again.
As soon as the new law is published - i think we will start the ball rolling and hope for the best :)

Noux

rahrah Jun 19th 2010 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by noux79 (Post 8643541)
Well thats another one of our worry too - the house market!!we r in lancashire.....But thats still a long way for us but in the back of our minds
:(

Good luck and hope u sell yr hse soon....and thanks again.
As soon as the new law is published - i think we will start the ball rolling and hope for the best :)

Noux

All the best - feel free to pick our brains with any other queries :fingerscrossed: