Wikiposts

police clearance

Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:47 am
Just Joined

Machlome is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink police clearance

am moving on with applications to NZ / Oz. I lived for 3 years in Cambodia - as a vol for one and as an employee of CARE Aus for two years - can't imagine any system for police checks existing in Cambodia!!! - any advice re where this might leave me re police checks?
Old Apr 8th 2005, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: police clearance

Originally Posted by Machlome
am moving on with applications to NZ / Oz. I lived for 3 years in Cambodia - as a vol for one and as an employee of CARE Aus for two years - can't imagine any system for police checks existing in Cambodia!!! - any advice re where this might leave me re police checks?
Interesting question - Form 47P (Penal Clearance Certificates doc) on the DIMIA web site has no mention of Cambodia in it. I would guess based on that that you do not need PCC from Cambodia. Perhaps one of the agents can better answer this, but on the surface it appears as though you won't need to worry about it. Certainly I expect that DIMIA will specifically ask you for the PCCs that are required when they request meds and PCC, so if something is needed for Cambodia you would likely hear about it then (if it's something other than PCC).

Good Luck!
Brian
Old Sep 24th 2005, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Trixabelle will become famous soon enoughTrixabelle will become famous soon enough

Hi

I know this reply is months later, but I have to get police checks from a few different countries too and noticed in the booklet immigration gave me that Cambodia states the following:
You should apply at the District Office of your local authority in Cambodia...

If that makes any sense to you!??
Just for you information.

Originally Posted by Machlome
Old Sep 25th 2005, 1:00 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian0
Interesting question - Form 47P (Penal Clearance Certificates doc) on the DIMIA web site has no mention of Cambodia in it. I would guess based on that that you do not need PCC from Cambodia.
If it's not mentioned on form 47P (check carefully) then either you don't need one, or DIMIA do their own checks. However policy can always change. It may be worth getting some kind of document from there anyway (if this is possible) to avoid the risk of a long delay at the last minute.

Usually people who have lived in 'exotic' places where getting a police check can literally take ages have limited options:

- try and get a friend/contact there to sort it out
- if you are not a citizen of the country and have no contacts there, try the process on form 47P and if this doesn't work, you'll have to try to persuade DIMIA to waive the police check. Your application will almost inevitably face a delay as a result.

If you are applying to NZ then check their website as rules may be different. However it's not clear why you would want to apply to *both* Australia and NZ - most people choose the country they prefer (or are qualified for) and apply just once.

Jeremy

Last edited by JAJ; Sep 25th 2005 at 1:02 am.
Old Sep 25th 2005, 2:17 am
Just Joined

ang67 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: police clearance

Does anyone know the best possible way of getting a PCC from Saudi Arabia? I lived there for 6 years returning to U.K in 1999. Saudi Embassy giving me the run around, DIMIA info sheet states to apply to "nearest Saudi Embassy" but they are not having any of it!! can't even get past receptionist!! Has anyone actuslly succeeded in this matter. If you have ever lived in Saudi you may understand the probs!
PLEASE HELP ME!!

sorry, got a bit emotional there.
angie.
Old Sep 25th 2005, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

depaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ang67
Does anyone know the best possible way of getting a PCC from Saudi Arabia? I lived there for 6 years returning to U.K in 1999. Saudi Embassy giving me the run around, DIMIA info sheet states to apply to "nearest Saudi Embassy" but they are not having any of it!! can't even get past receptionist!! Has anyone actuslly succeeded in this matter. If you have ever lived in Saudi you may understand the probs!
PLEASE HELP ME!!

sorry, got a bit emotional there.
angie.

Hi Angie,

Have a look at the following page on the website for the Australian Embassy in Saudi Arabia:
http://www.saudiarabia.embassy.gov.a...arance_sa.html

I'm not sure if it would be the same if you are out of the Kingdom but it may be worth your time to email the embassy here to see what they say.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Paula
Old Sep 25th 2005, 5:41 am
Just Joined

Wink Re: police clearance

Thanks Paula,
I am willing to try anything but I'm sure the Embassy in London will do it, just got to get past the damned receptionist!! (Bit like doctors surgery receptionists) Good luck in Saudi and move to Oz. Remember to keep documentation of everything, as its difficult to find once you leave.
Thanks again.
Angie.
Old Sep 25th 2005, 4:50 pm
Jojo

ang67 wrote:

> Thanks Paula,
    > I am willing to try anything but I'm sure the Embassy in London will do
    > it, just got to get past the damned receptionist!! (Bit like doctors
    > surgery receptionists) Good luck in Saudi and move to Oz. Remember to
    > keep documentation of everything, as its difficult to find once you
    > leave.
    > Thanks again.
    > Angie.

Hi Angie,

I am also in a similar situation. I contacted the Saudi Embassy
(Thailand) but they said they don't issue PCC. I had the letter from
Aussie embassy and all those stuffs mentioned on 47P. They took my
application and further checking with their consular or officer, told
me that they don't issue PCC. Unfortunately they didn't respond in
writing. I have informed DIMIA and waiting for their response. Pls let
me know how u r going ahead.

All the best for your application,

Jojo

Old Sep 25th 2005, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Trixabelle will become famous soon enoughTrixabelle will become famous soon enough

Anyone know if the Kuwaiti Embassy respond to the request for PCC?
Have applied but know from experience how long the Kuwaitis tend to take to reply if at all....
How long should I wait? IN the meantime the UK PCC will more than likely expire!!!!!!!!!!!!
Will NZIS accept a non reply??

Cheers

Originally Posted by Jojo
ang67 wrote:

> Thanks Paula,
    > leave.
    > Thanks again.
    > Angie.

Hi Angie,

Jojo
Old Sep 25th 2005, 5:28 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trixabelle
Anyone know if the Kuwaiti Embassy respond to the request for PCC?
Have applied but know from experience how long the Kuwaitis tend to take to reply if at all....
How long should I wait? IN the meantime the UK PCC will more than likely expire!!!!!!!!!!!!
Will NZIS accept a non reply??

Cheers

Realistically - noone on an online forum is going to know the answer.

If you have been given official instructions on getting a police check that are unrealistic (especially if you are not a citizen or resident of that country), the only option might be to try and ask DIMIA/NZIS to waive the police check requirement. This carries the risk of a long delay to your application or even a refusal.

You really need professional assistance from a very good agent or lawyer who has handled many cases like your before and knows the relevant laws and policies inside out.

Jeremy
Old Sep 25th 2005, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you Jeremy

I was actually asking in case anyone else had the same problem.
As for agents well, I would rather not employ someone as I know of too many people who have been 'ripped off' even when the agent has come 'reccommended', so no I would rather not take the risk as funds are already VERY low.
Thank you for the advice anyway.

Originally Posted by JAJ

If you have been given official instructions on getting a police check that are unrealistic (especially if you are not a citizen or resident of that country), the only option might be to try and ask DIMIA/NZIS to waive the police check requirement. This carries the risk of a long delay to your application or even a refusal.

You really need professional assistance from a very good agent or lawyer who has handled many cases like your before and knows the relevant laws and policies inside out.

Jeremy
Old Sep 26th 2005, 5:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ

Jeremy
Thanks Jeremy, but this is what forums are for, surely!
We wish to find out if anyone else is having similar problems or are we the only idiots who can't seem to do it right. Many, Many people have emmigrated having been to saudi and other non responsive countries as far as PCC's are concerned, so surely DIMIA already knows the probs so if there is a problem why do they keep asking for such info.
I have used an agency, they will give advice but you still have to do the leg work yourself.
But thanks for the comments,
Ang.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jojo
ang67 wrote:

> Thanks Paula,
    > leave.
    > Thanks again.
    > Angie.

Hi Angie,

Jojo
Hi Jojo,
I have just had a pleasant conversation with a man who applied for the PCC at the Saudi Embassy in Australia. he did eventually recieve it after about 4-5 months! If they can do it I'm sure they all will. If you have lived in saudi then you will know about the "Insh'allah" method of doing business!.
I have posted all my details to the Consular office along with a S.A.E so if I do get a reply, even negative, will send it to DIMIA.
Reading the letter from DIMIA, if you do not provide requested info, they will make a decision on what they already have but it will take longer to process.
I have also forwarded a copy of all the info sent to the Embassy to DIMIA too, so at least they can see that I have done everything within my power.

Taking a break from all the stress now, going to Cuba for 2 weeks!!
Will keep you informed. Good Luck!!
Angie.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 1:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ang67
Thanks Jeremy, but this is what forums are for, surely!
We wish to find out if anyone else is having similar problems or are we the only idiots who can't seem to do it right. Many, Many people have emmigrated having been to saudi and other non responsive countries as far as PCC's are concerned, so surely DIMIA already knows the probs so if there is a problem why do they keep asking for such info.
I have used an agency, they will give advice but you still have to do the leg work yourself.
But thanks for the comments,
Ang.
A good agent will do the leg work for you, thats what you are paying them for.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 2:07 am
Just Joined

Cool Re: police clearance

Originally Posted by Pollyana
A good agent will do the leg work for you, thats what you are paying them for.
Hi Pollyanna,
They can only help to a certain point, I am the one who has to put the information together and send it away, they cannot fully understand everyones situation, especially if they have never dealt with the Middle Eastern countries. My agent has been very helpful, he has told me all the info required from DIMIA and where to send it, beyond taking my docs in person there is nothing else he can do. It is no ones fault the authorities from other countries cannot/will not do their part of the deal. (as lots of people in my situation have found out).
Angie.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.