Police checks in UK

Old Jan 28th 2003, 4:32 am
Esjl

Default Police checks in UK

Hi there!

Would want to get a police check (I"ll be applying to New Scotland
Yard)from UK but need to clarify a few things first:

1) What forms that needs to be filled in? I"m not living in UK so is
it possible for me to get the form over the website?

2) How much is the fees payable? Do the police except payment via
money order? To whom I shall attention the payment to?

3) Do I need to provide any form of identification (eg. photo,
passport no etc)

Thanks so much for help!

Esjl

Old Jan 28th 2003, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police checks in UK

Ring your area Police HQ request tthe forms, read them, fill it it (very simple), write cheque for £10, enclose ID, usually Passport/driving licence) send it off.

ID and receipt returned very quickly, form is forwarded to Scotland Yard, you get reply within 40 days.

Mash...

Originally posted by Esjl
Hi there!

Would want to get a police check (I"ll be applying to New Scotland
Yard)from UK but need to clarify a few things first:

1) What forms that needs to be filled in? I"m not living in UK so is
it possible for me to get the form over the website?

2) How much is the fees payable? Do the police except payment via
money order? To whom I shall attention the payment to?

3) Do I need to provide any form of identification (eg. photo,
passport no etc)

Thanks so much for help!

Esjl
Old Jan 28th 2003, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice

Morning All,

Just to let you know I received an email from Adelade this morning. I wrote to them telling them that one month later I am still waiting for our police checks and was worried about the deadline passing set by Adelade (5th Feb).

She replied and told me they were fully aware that police checks at present are taking longer than they used too and suggested I held all my documents and sent them in all together when we finally had what we needed. The deadline doesnt seem to be cast in stone, thank god!.

Hoper this helps,

65KK
Old Jan 28th 2003, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Was this your case officer who responded.?
Cheers 65k

Mash..

Originally posted by 65 million
Morning All,

Just to let you know I received an email from Adelade this morning. I wrote to them telling them that one month later I am still waiting for our police checks and was worried about the deadline passing set by Adelade (5th Feb).

She replied and told me they were fully aware that police checks at present are taking longer than they used too and suggested I held all my documents and sent them in all together when we finally had what we needed. The deadline doesnt seem to be cast in stone, thank god!.

Hoper this helps,

65KK
Old Jan 28th 2003, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice

Hi Mash,

Yes, it was our case officer.

Its so frustrating after nearly two years wait ( as you well know). I now have to wait for good old Scotland yard to pull their finger out now.

Maybe I will get there just in time for my retirement (or will I have to apply again?) - currently 33 and getting older...

What a journey, this seems longer than the flight getting there!
regards,

65KK