Police checks for NZ.

Old May 25th 2003, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

valleygirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police checks for NZ.

Well time is moving very quickly. We hope to fly at the end of July. We havent had the medicals done yet they are on the 20th of June but my hubbie is getting really panicky about the police checks.
He did something really silly 20 years ago, been a good boy ever since and he is worried that if it comes up on the police checks that we will be stopped from going. I have a job offer and we really want to go!!!

What is going to stop us from getting our work permits. If anybody can answer this it would be much appreciated!!

Amanda.
Old May 25th 2003, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police checks for NZ.

Hi Valley,

Cut & paste I'm afraid (you've probably seen it anyway) -

-- Unless a special direction under section 7 of the Immigration Act is given,a person will be refused residence in New Zealand on character grounds if:

They have ever been convicted and sentenced to imprisonment for five years or more;
They have been convicted and sentenced to imprisonment for 12 months or more during the preceding 10 years;
They have ever been deported from New Zealand or any other country;
There is reason to believe they may be associated with criminal groups,or may constitute a danger to New Zealand. --

Looks Ok, guess it depends how silly he was!

Gra...
Old May 25th 2003, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Gra
Good to see someone else burning the midnight oil!! Or is it 1.30am oil???

I think all these worries are natural (hope so anyway).

Well thankfully he was not that silly so everything should be tickety boo!!!

Thanks again

Amanda
Old May 25th 2003, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

BritboyNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Just one other point - strongly recommend you declare whatever hubby did 20 years ago on the PR application form, even if it doesn't appear on his police cert (ie UK police consider it 'spent').

On the PR application form it states (after the numerous YES/NO character questions):

You must include all convictions for any offence(s), including any which are now regarded as having lapsed under any legislation.

Even if hubbys indiscretion doesn't appear on his police cert, you should declare it on the application form. If he doesn't, and NZIS later found out about it they would have grounds to revoke PR as he wasn't completely honest when he applied. If it's a minor indiscretion, it won't affect his PR application anyway, so always best to be totally upfront & honest about his past - could save you major problems later on.

Russ
Old May 25th 2003, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

Jon&Ann is an unknown quantity at this point
Default They only go back 10years

Hi,

I though they only went back 10 years on the Police's own data-base, I'm very sure something that happened 20 years ago will not show up at all. In all reality it is classed as spent anyway, so i wouldn't imagine it will even be made a reference too.

Can I ask, why you didn't send the Police and Health Forms in with your application for a Visa. it's just I'm just about to place my application and I'm including all the documents..

thanks, Jon&Ann
Old May 25th 2003, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

what work are you in ?
and where abouts in hampshire are you??

cheers

richard
Old May 25th 2003, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: They only go back 10years

Originally posted by Jon&Ann
Hi,

I though they only went back 10 years on the Police's own data-base, I'm very sure something that happened 20 years ago will not show up at all. In all reality it is classed as spent anyway, so i wouldn't imagine it will even be made a reference too.

Can I ask, why you didn't send the Police and Health Forms in with your application for a Visa. it's just I'm just about to place my application and I'm including all the documents..

thanks, Jon&Ann
Yes you do need to send all documents but we havent sent for the visa yet!!
We are going to London to get visa hopefully there and then (work permit general skilled). We have our medicals booked in Cambridge on the 20th of June so after that we will go there and collect them.

I was almost certain that the "silly thing" that he did wont affect the visa application but the hubbie is so nervous about everthing at the moment.

You know the feeling when you really want something so badly and you dont want anything to stand in your way...... well that is us now.

Ill let you know what happens. Thanks for your reasuring words.

Amanda
Old May 26th 2003, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

Jon&Ann is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds great, we have wanted to move over for some years now. The time has not been quite right but now i feel everything is well in order for us to do it.

My Experience and qualifications are within Engineering and, i'm told, many companies are desperate for experienced engineers in Nz. I 've also done Project Management within the field using CAD and other computer based design programs (well over 10 years time served). My C.V. looks quite impressive but there is always the concern of not finding a job even though everyone i know says i will have no worries. I also have massive Marine experience within shipping.

At the moment we live on the Isle of Wight and yes it is like being on holiday all the time : ) it's very clicky indeed but nice all the same. Just got back from the beach with the kids, sand everywere. I was driving back thinking that my car will have to be sold and my car is not the type you'd want to sell, Nz is to far to import it i reckon..

Hope all goes well Amanda..

Jon& Ann
Old May 27th 2003, 4:09 am
Theellos

Default Re: Police checks for NZ.

To valley girl, we got in here from the UK (married 29 no kids) 2 1/2 years
ago under the skilled cat. with a fraud charge against us 2 years prior to
our application.
The truth is, and i was told this by the department THAT DEALS WITH IT, "
if it dont show up on your police rep. then the NZ govt sure as hell dont
have access to any other sources of info", just scaremongery !!! hahahhha
!!