Police checks and meds

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Kursha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police checks and meds

Am i able to get my police checks and meds done before visa application so that once I apply i can send it all together
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

badassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to all
Default Re: Police checks and meds

you cann send PCC and meds with visa application, but if visa is granted they will backdate visa to med or pcc date, whichever was done first. therefore not giving you much time from visa grant to validation deadline.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

Kursha is an unknown quantity at this point

How do i go about getting meds and police checks done before visa being lodged. I am not worried about the validation time because as soon as visa is granted i can leave (no house to sell or anything) just four suitcases to pack! I was thinking about getting police checks and meds done about a month before visa being lodged.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

badassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to all

If your in england, you can usually get meds done within several weeks, there are loads of panel doctors to choose from depending on your area, and prices vary alot.

police checks take up to 30 days to be returned.

with both they are only valid for a year so if you apply for the visa a month after having them done, and depending on visa you apply for it can up to 13 months for a decision, (although there is no method, some get them in 6 months some can take up to 18 months, all depends on circumstances). check visa timescales at www.beupdate.co.uk

general advise i have read in here is to wait until you are either several months into application, or until they are requested by your CO.

on the other hand if you have no ties and are able to go as soon as you are granted then it could fit. it's a gamble as you meds and PCC could run out before you are granted.

(could be wrong with some facts, but no doubt someone wiser will correct me!!)
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

RCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud of

Police checks you do yourself anyway: think you go to your local police station, fill out a form (basically a list of previous addresses, as I recall) and pay your fee. You may have to wait up to 8 weeks for the answer.

Meds you do at an approved doctors: the link list regularly gets posted on here and is available I think off http://www.immi.gov.au. You ring up yourself, you book your appointment, turn up and pay a huge fee for the privilege.