Wikiposts

Police checks and Medicals

Old Oct 17th 2005, 7:20 pm
Ravin

Ravi705 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police checks and Medicals

I’m submitting this as an extension to Poshini’s (my wife) post (http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=331937 ). Today I went to the local police station in order to do the formalities for the PCC. It was yesterday when a cop had visited my place and wanted me to call over at the cop station for this.
Issue is I have heard that the PCC is only valid for a period of 6 months from the date of issue, and where I have to be in Oz within that time. Please correct me if I’m wrong.
My wife hasn’t got her PCC request to London where she is living. Most importantly both of us have not got our medical checks request as well. I’m really puzzled as of what we can do about this and how to go about doing the things. Should I send the medicals now or should I email DIMIA.

Ps: The only correspondence that I have had so far from DIMIA is the acknowledgement e-mail.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 7:33 pm
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Police checks and Medicals

hiya, my understanding is that it is 12 months from date not 6 (but i could be wrong) also frontloading the medicals and pcc is totally up to you, we decided to wait until the formal request but many people on this site send them in advance - it speeds up the process! If you are 100% sure you meet the criteria for visa and dont think there will be any probs then frontloading is an option, we wanted to wait and know for sure that we met the criteria etc. and to be honest didnt want to tempt fate in anyway!!! but thats just us!

hope it helps
vb2

Originally Posted by Ravi705
I’m submitting this as an extension to Poshini’s (my wife) post (http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=331937 ). Today I went to the local police station in order to do the formalities for the PCC. It was yesterday when a cop had visited my place and wanted me to call over at the cop station for this.
Issue is I have heard that the PCC is only valid for a period of 6 months from the date of issue, and where I have to be in Oz within that time. Please correct me if I’m wrong.
My wife hasn’t got her PCC request to London where she is living. Most importantly both of us have not got our medical checks request as well. I’m really puzzled as of what we can do about this and how to go about doing the things. Should I send the medicals now or should I email DIMIA.

Ps: The only correspondence that I have had so far from DIMIA is the acknowledgement e-mail.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:03 pm
Ravin

Ravi705 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vb2
hiya, my understanding is that it is 12 months from date not 6 (but i could be wrong) also frontloading the medicals and pcc is totally up to you, we decided to wait until the formal request but many people on this site send them in advance - it speeds up the process! If you are 100% sure you meet the criteria for visa and dont think there will be any probs then frontloading is an option, we wanted to wait and know for sure that we met the criteria etc. and to be honest didnt want to tempt fate in anyway!!! but thats just us!

hope it helps
vb2
Hi VB2,

Thanks for the response. Since the PCC was requested, which was a quite a surprise to me. Do you think we should go ahead in the way of doing the medicals or do you recommend to me to write to my CO(The person who had sent me the acknowledgement) and inquire about the medicals and my existing situ.

Best regards
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Aldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Ravi705
Hi VB2,

Thanks for the response. Since the PCC was requested, which was a quite a surprise to me. Do you think we should go ahead in the way of doing the medicals or do you recommend to me to write to my CO(The person who had sent me the acknowledgement) and inquire about the medicals and my existing situ.

Best regards

You could ask your CO but you should get a request from them for the meds when they are required. If you are in a rush then you could do you meds before request

My understanding is that your entry date will be based on police check date and medicals so having a police check months before the visa is issued may mean your entry date is soon after the visa is issued.