Police Checks - Jersey

Old Jan 17th 2003, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

WARDY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police Checks - Jersey

Hi

We've just returned from a few days away to find a letter from DIMIA on the doormat. Big excitement!

However they have requested that we supply Police Checks for the UK, even though Jersey has its own Police Force and neither of us have lived in mainland UK in the last 20+ years.

Unfortunately, now I look at the letter we had from Jersey it says THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CERTIFICATE OF GOOD CHARACTER across the top!

Is there anyone from Jersey who has received visas who can advise, or any other well-informed souls out there? Looks like we will have to get UK police check after all (doh!!!) and we were thinking we'd been really clever...

Congratulations to all those who have had news lately, hope Mash gets to hear soon, too!

Best wishes
Caryn & Tony
Old Jan 17th 2003, 1:54 pm
Melbourne here we come..

madmorgans is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Caryn & Tony

We have also received pre grant visa and are in the process of getting our police checks re-done. Mine has come back in double quick time and underlined at the bottom of the page is ~

THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CERTIFICATE OF GOOD CHARACTER

I think as long as the document is authentic ie, two blue lines one top, one bottom this is okay.

After all they ask for Subject Access checks NOT Good Charachter

Good luck
Love simone
Old Jan 17th 2003, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Checks - Jersey

Hi Wardy, at least you've heard something. Just me and parrot not heard a bean....Anyone heard from parrot recently?

Mash...

Originally posted by WARDY
Hi

We've just returned from a few days away to find a letter from DIMIA on the doormat. Big excitement!

However they have requested that we supply Police Checks for the UK, even though Jersey has its own Police Force and neither of us have lived in mainland UK in the last 20+ years.

Unfortunately, now I look at the letter we had from Jersey it says THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CERTIFICATE OF GOOD CHARACTER across the top!

Is there anyone from Jersey who has received visas who can advise, or any other well-informed souls out there? Looks like we will have to get UK police check after all (doh!!!) and we were thinking we'd been really clever...

Congratulations to all those who have had news lately, hope Mash gets to hear soon, too!

Best wishes
Caryn & Tony
Old Jan 17th 2003, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

parrot is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mash, I'm here. Still not heard anything so nothing to report (unfortunately) and getting quite depressed about it. January blues! Good to read about everyone's news, it's just about keeping me going, but want it to be our turn soon! Would have thought you would have heard by now. I think I'm becoming addicted to waiting for the post. Surely not healthy! Haven't rung our agent yet. Putting it off till beginning of February as he always sounds so cross.
Anyway fingers crossed the postman brings you good news soon.
Parrot
Old Jan 17th 2003, 2:25 pm
Melbourne here we come..

Hi parrot

Hope you and mash are next... and not just pre grant but the actual visa.

Go ahead and ring your agent, so what if he sounds angry.....after all you are paying him for his services!!!

Good luck

Love
Simone
Old Jan 17th 2003, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

parrot is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Simone,
We've yet to be told to go and do our medicals so pre grant or visa seems like just a dream at the moment. I know we should ring our agent, trouble is when we do he never seems to know anything, and I know more about the situation from reading posts on here. Anyway am trying to distract myself from all this waiting with my marathon training! Trouble is, all we seem to talk about while we run is our visa application!
Love Parrot
Old Jan 18th 2003, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Simone

Thanks for the info. How long was double quick time?? (I'm getting really impatient!)

Incidentally, what wording does your letter have? The Jersey one which DIMIA are querying says they have searched their records and there is no information in the category we requested. (Unfortuntately the letter doesn't specify which category, maybe this is the problem?).

Also, was there a reference on the form you had to complete to get the check done? The form we have got here is SA1 - and relates to Subject Access on the UK Police National Computer. Does anyone recognise this?

Help. after all this waiting, I'm getting nervous!

Thanks for any info anyone may have
Caryn

Originally posted by madmorgans
Dear Caryn & Tony

We have also received pre grant visa and are in the process of getting our police checks re-done. Mine has come back in double quick time and underlined at the bottom of the page is ~

THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CERTIFICATE OF GOOD CHARACTER

I think as long as the document is authentic ie, two blue lines one top, one bottom this is okay.

After all they ask for Subject Access checks NOT Good Charachter

Good luck
Love simone
Old Jan 18th 2003, 4:12 pm
Melbourne here we come..

Hi Caryn

If you want to send me an email I will forward my police subject access letter from last year, that may help as you can then compare the two.

Mine came back in about 2 weeks, baring in mind xmas was in the middle very quick, however we are still waiting for Phils!!!

It has been more than the 40 days now and the phone number on the letter, which it says to call, is only a bloody answer phone and just directs you to the force in your area.

And if, like us, you live in Warwickshire the lady in Data Protection is NOT VERY helpful!!!!!!

Fingers croosed they come soon eh.

Bye for now simone
Old Jan 19th 2003, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Simone
Expats won't let me email you so I've sent a PM with my email address in it, if you could send a copy of that letter I'd be most grateful
Cheers
Caryn

Originally posted by madmorgans
Hi Caryn

If you want to send me an email I will forward my police subject access letter from last year, that may help as you can then compare the two.