Wikiposts

police checks help!

Old Jun 30th 2009, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

danbradb1987 will become famous soon enoughdanbradb1987 will become famous soon enough
Default police checks help!

hi all sent of police checks to agent then get an email stating 'No live Trace' which means that they have a conviction/record history but it has been stepped-down. However even though it is not on the Police Check this indicates that there is a record and the applicant is now required to explain, why it was not mentioned in the application and the details of the record and information surrounding the situation. well hubby had some car crime some 27 years ago and son is in complete shock. now he thinks it was when he was locked up for drunk and disorderly overnight. they have asked me to do a statutory declaration. too be honest i just sent them to agent who have apparently not looked at them, and forward the info to immgration. who has to sign a statutory and also whats the chances, of not getting in? this was the final part of my application everything else has been completed and sent.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 11:38 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: police checks help!

Just being "locked up" for a night does not create a criminal record. He needs to find out what is held about him, if necessary by doing a Subject Access check on both the local police records and the Police National Computer.

It could just be a caution. Or it could even be a mistake. Don't incriminate yourself unless sure.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

danbradb1987 will become famous soon enoughdanbradb1987 will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: police checks help!

yes he has phoned the police and they have give him a form which he has sent yesterday something to do with data protection at cost of another 20quid.b as form my hubby typical he didnt think it was relevent some 29 years ago as he put it it was a stupid car crime unfortunatly i wasnt married to him them.
what is the chances of not getting in ?