Police checks back Scotland - help ???

Old May 15th 2003, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Default Police checks back Scotland - help ???

Hi,

Received a letter back from the Scottish Criminal records office saying we have no convictions so the info we need.

Is this enough for us or do we need another, hubby as lived here all his life ? i'm a mad Wigan nutter though for my sins, we did tick section 6 just hoping that's all.

Thanks

Carrianne
Old May 15th 2003, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

Hi Carrianne

I take it you are talking about the police checks. Our police checks said much the same i.e. no convictions and that as far as I am aware is what Dimia want to know. I was almost disappointed by the brief content of the letter but perhaps this is better than a long list of convictions. Ours were sent back some time ago and we have progressed to the final leg.

Hope this answers your question.

Best of luck
Old May 16th 2003, 8:23 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Police checks back Scotland - help ???

Originally posted by Carrianne
Hi,

Received a letter back from the Scottish Criminal records office saying we have no convictions so the info we need.

Is this enough for us or do we need another, hubby as lived here all his life ? i'm a mad Wigan nutter though for my sins, we did tick section 6 just hoping that's all.

Thanks

Carrianne
Hi Carianne

you will get a seperate reply from Scotland Yard as you have lived in England. (This is the famous one that folk have been waiting 40 days for). The response you have will be fine for your husband though.

cheers

Mel
Old May 16th 2003, 10:04 am
Siobhan Hanrahan

Default Re: Police checks back Scotland - help ???

Hi Carrianne,

Didn't know you are from Wigan, just presumed you're Scottish. I'm from
Leeds originally. Anyway, if you have lived in Scotland continually for the
last 10yrs you are OK, otherwise you will need an English clearance too,
from the boys at the Yard.

Siobhan

"Carrianne" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    > Received a letter back from the Scottish Criminal records office saying
    > we have no convictions so the info we need.
    > Is this enough for us or do we need another, hubby as lived here all his
    > life ? i'm a mad Wigan nutter though for my sins, we did tick section 6
    > just hoping that's all.
    > Thanks
    > Carrianne
    > --
    > Live life to the full
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 16th 2003, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

certainly am, and your a Yorkshire lass, people up here always think I am from Yorkshire.

I have phoned NSY anyway they where great .

Don't forget to keep in contact.

Carrianne x
Old May 18th 2003, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

a1macc is an unknown quantity at this point

Carrianne,

As I remember it, the letter from the Scottish Criminal Records office doesnt say if you have criminal record or not, it says they enclose a separate sheet detailing any convictions, if any. This is a real nuisance because once you open the letter you cannot verify to the visa people that you didnt just remove the additonal sheet. Therefore my agent advised me not to open the letter and to forward it unopened to the case officer. To be completely sure applied to the Scottish Police twice, the first letter I openend to make sure it was clear, the next I submitted.

A bit of a pain, but it worked.

This was all about 18months ago, maybe things have changed since then, but worth checking out.

Alan
Old May 18th 2003, 2:45 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PADDAD
I was almost disappointed by the brief content of the letter but perhaps this is better than a long list of convictions.
Actually, I was more than happy to see a one-liner on my police check results (non-UK). This is one document I'd like to keep it as brief as possible! I wouldn't have minded even if it came back to me with just two words: "No Record".

Peter
Old May 19th 2003, 8:07 am
p8c
Forum Regular

p8c is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by a1macc
Carrianne,

As I remember it, the letter from the Scottish Criminal Records office doesnt say if you have criminal record or not, it says they enclose a separate sheet detailing any convictions, if any. This is a real nuisance because once you open the letter you cannot verify to the visa people that you didnt just remove the additonal sheet. Therefore my agent advised me not to open the letter and to forward it unopened to the case officer. To be completely sure applied to the Scottish Police twice, the first letter I openend to make sure it was clear, the next I submitted.

A bit of a pain, but it worked.

This was all about 18months ago, maybe things have changed since then, but worth checking out.

Alan
The letter I received from the Scottish Criminal Records office stated that there was nothing on record for me on the one sheet. I too had heard the rumour that convictions were on a separate sheet, and that if you opened the letter it could cause hassle. But when the checks came through there was no such problem. Looks like they have changed the format of the letter in the last 18 months.

Steve