Wikiposts

police checks

Old Jul 6th 2009, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

sarahhartopp will become famous soon enoughsarahhartopp will become famous soon enough
Default police checks

Am just about to send off my police check form and was wondering what others did on the form it asks if you want the police clearence cert to be sent to your home address or another not sure if i should have it sent to me and then i can post it on to australia or get it sent directly to australia i resent paying more postage if they send it back to me and i have had to pay £35 for the check in the first place, but then would i prefer to have it sent to me so i know it has been posted off correctly as i will have done it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what have you others done ?
Old Jul 6th 2009, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

wijay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: police checks

Hi
When i did mine, I asked the police to send it to me. I then scan it in colour to my CO, which subsequently send it to the CO. I think police won't send the form to Oz. So it is your responsibility to get it done, send it to your agent or straight to CO.

Regards
Old Jul 6th 2009, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

juliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nice

Originally Posted by sarahhartopp
Am just about to send off my police check form and was wondering what others did on the form it asks if you want the police clearence cert to be sent to your home address or another not sure if i should have it sent to me and then i can post it on to australia or get it sent directly to australia i resent paying more postage if they send it back to me and i have had to pay £35 for the check in the first place, but then would i prefer to have it sent to me so i know it has been posted off correctly as i will have done it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ours were sent to our home address and when received back we scanned colour certificates and emailed to Agent to upload for CO.

Julie x
Old Jul 6th 2009, 11:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahhartopp

They won't send it to Aus. Get used to paying out money hand over fist in the application process.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

trainee_pilot will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
They won't send it to Aus.
We are in Australia and got our UK checks posted direct to our home in Australia so your comment is not entirely accurate.

TP
Old Jul 7th 2009, 6:42 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trainee_pilot
We are in Australia and got our UK checks posted direct to our home in Australia so your comment is not entirely accurate.

TP
Old Jul 7th 2009, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

trainee_pilot will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
As a moderator people will take on board your comments much more than they would anyone else's (migration agents excepted) so rolling your eyes at me for correcting your inaccuracy is pathetic to say the least.

TP
Old Jul 7th 2009, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rodger_lawson is an unknown quantity at this point

As a moderator people will take on board your comments much more than they would anyone else's (migration agents excepted) so rolling your eyes at me for correcting your inaccuracy is pathetic to say the least.

TP
TP, you are being too harsh on moneypenny over a non issue. And she is the nicest of all the mods. mmhh.. i guess, different folks.. different perspective.. eh!
Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:17 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

TP
I think it was fairly obvious I was referring to the person who was applying from the UK in that the PCC would not be sent direct to DIAC, just as the Aus one would not be sent to DIAC for you. They would also go to the address that was on the form.

I do apologise for my I've smacked my hand on your behalf.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Jul 7th 2009 at 10:36 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 10:26 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

UK Police checks have to be sent to the subject of the check, under the Data Protection Act. They cannot be sent direct to DIAC or any other body.