Police checks??

Old Oct 2nd 2007, 7:33 am
Got Visa

hopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nice
Default Police checks??

Hi does anyone know if the forms we have to fill in to request the police checks is called an SA1 (south yorkshire police) ? and why does the online application say we have 28 days to get it to them

thanks

Jon
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 7:44 am
Whey hey got my Visa

allankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to all
Default Re: Police checks??

Originally Posted by hopefullybrisbane
Hi does anyone know if the forms we have to fill in to request the police checks is called an SA1 (south yorkshire police) ? and why does the online application say we have 28 days to get it to them

thanks

Jon
Not sure of the name of it, but recommend you go down to your local police station and ask them for the form, they'll then check it over for you when you hand it in. If you do it by post there's always the danger that they send it back to you.

Not sure about the 28 day thing we requested ours a week after we submitted on-line app and they take 40 days to arrive. The letter of outstanding items from our case officer we received today says they expect a response form us within 28 days, don't know if that's the same thing?

Allan
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

It may be that 28 days is their internal target - the 40 days is because you apply under the Freedom Of Information Act, its just the information you are applying for is on yourself and 40 days is the timeframe given for all responses under FOI.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hopefullybrisbane

thanks

Jon
Hi Jon

I think this is the form you need. Just print it off and follow the instructions!!

http://www.southyorks.police.uk/forms/SA1.pdf
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 4:22 am
Got Visa

hopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nice

Originally Posted by Steve G
Hi Jon

I think this is the form you need. Just print it off and follow the instructions!!

http://www.southyorks.police.uk/forms/SA1.pdf
Cheers Steve, that is the one i have printed off now have to start scanning everything

Jon
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 8:18 am
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all

Can I tag a question onto the end of this:

Does it matter which police force you apply to? I've just started looking into police checks and imediately thought I'd want South Yorkshire Police. I drive past a SYP Station everyday on the way to work, and thats the one I'd consider as my local...

However, although I give Sheffield as my address, *technically* I live in Derbyshire. 999 calls get patched through to Derbyshire, as our neigbour found out when their car was nicked off the drive.

Does it matter which service you apply to?
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Fugazi1000 will become famous soon enoughFugazi1000 will become famous soon enough

Having now received a request from our case officer for police checks, I know what the 28 days refers to. You now have 28 days to get all additional documents sent to support the application. As the police checks takes 40 days (+ the time for them to acknowledge it + posting delays) you will miss this deadline.

I would suggest you email your case officer and explain this otherwise they may process with whatever they have at tyhat point, and I quote:

A full response should be made within 28 days of receiving this letter, which is by – specific date. You are taken to have received this letter today.
If there has not been any response by that date, or if the response is unsatisfactory or incomplete without a sound reason then, in accordance with legislation this application may then be decided based on information available.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 8:17 pm
Got Visa

I took the forms in yesterday due to the postal strike, the officer that accepted them said they should be back in 2-3 weeks, but being as i don't think we have been assigned a case officer yet i think we should be ok

Jon