Wikiposts

Police checks

Old Sep 2nd 2007, 6:16 am
Just Joined

TroubledGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police checks

Hi everybody, am new to the site obviously, but i just frontloaded my police checks and they didnt give my wife very good reading, so if you would'nt mind, the question id like to ask is how do you think i will fare with not having said on the application that i have 5 offences, my thinking was that anything over 10 years would be scrubbed from the record.

2 for damage
1 for affray
1 for fraud
1 for concealed weapon

All these offences took place over 20 years ago, your comments and wisdom would be appreciated.

TG.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 7:48 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police checks

Ask in the immigration forum where there's a couple of agents hanging out that would have a better idea than anyone in here... Or you might get lucky and a mod might move this for you...
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DrWho
Ask in the immigration forum where there's a couple of agents hanging out that would have a better idea than anyone in here... Or you might get lucky and a mod might move this for you...
You called? Moving now in prgogress
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You're busy tonight Pollyanna
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 6:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Thank's Pollyana, much appreciated, an thank you Dr Who for bringing it up.

TG.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice

You might want to take some advice from a migration agent...they will overlook some blips on the criminal record. Who can say, they view each case individually.
I think it also depends on the severity of crimes, and sentence you got for each.
Read here for character requirement info, about why applicants might fail the character test, and here for a bit more info.
I have blips on my record from many years ago, but didn't let it put me off applying. They do look much worse on paper when the Met send you the check back though .
I also wrote a letter explaining a bit more about the circumstances of the misdemeanors, and how I have been an upstanding citizen working in public service for many years, etc and so forth. Good luck!
Old Sep 4th 2007, 3:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by the pursers
You might want to take some advice from a migration agent...they will overlook some blips on the criminal record. Who can say, they view each case individually.
I think it also depends on the severity of crimes, and sentence you got for each.
Read here for character requirement info, about why applicants might fail the character test, and here for a bit more info.
I have blips on my record from many years ago, but didn't let it put me off applying. They do look much worse on paper when the Met send you the check back though .
I also wrote a letter explaining a bit more about the circumstances of the misdemeanors, and how I have been an upstanding citizen working in public service for many years, etc and so forth. Good luck!
Thank's for that, the Pursers, are you in Portsmouth England or is there a Portsmouth in OZ.

TG.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice

Portsmouth, UK I'm afraid - waiting on the visa decision now...hope it will not be toooooo much longer - my husband is an Aussie and his visa for the UK expires in 12 weeks' time
You must be honest on your applications, even though it doesn't always make great reading!
Hope you get some good news soon