Wikiposts

Police checks

Old May 20th 2006, 8:22 am
simapu

Default Police checks

Hi

My police certificates were issued in November 2005 from all countries,
I lived and am expecting to submit the application to DIMA in May 2006.

1. Do I need to apply for new police certificates or old will work.

2. If Yes, Do I need to apply for NEW police certificates from all
countries or just latest country of residence?

3. Which form should I fill on this website and also do I need to fill
both Police National Computer and Metropolitan Police systems forms?

http://www.met.police.uk/dataprotection/index.htm

Thanks!

Old May 20th 2006, 3:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police checks

Originally Posted by simapu
Hi

My police certificates were issued in November 2005 from all countries,
I lived and am expecting to submit the application to DIMA in May 2006.

1. Do I need to apply for new police certificates or old will work.

2. If Yes, Do I need to apply for NEW police certificates from all

3. Which form should I fill on this website and also do I need to fill
both Police National Computer and Metropolitan Police systems forms?

http://www.met.police.uk/dataprotection/index.htm

Thanks!
of you use the old ones, remember your entry date will be linked to the date they were done - probably 12 months from the oldest.
If applying for the check from the Met, its the Police National Computer check that you need.
Old May 20th 2006, 8:54 pm
simapu

thanks for message. Your first sentence is not clear to me. Please
rewrite

Old May 20th 2006, 9:24 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Your visa will be granted with a validation date.

That is the date by which you need to enter Australia.

Normally, the validation Date is 12 months from the date on which your police check or medical was done - whichever of the two was done first.

Therefore, if your police check was done on November 1st 2005, your validation date - the date by which you must enter Australia - would probably be Novmber 1st 2006.

If you redo your police check now, and it has a date of June 1st 2006, then your validation date would be June 1st 2007 - unless you have done your medical on an earlier date, in which case it is the date of your medical that is used.

Hope that is a bit clearer!
Old May 20th 2006, 11:58 pm
simapu

And

Do I need to apply for NEW police certificates from all

Old May 23rd 2006, 5:11 am
simapu

still waiting.. and waiting for reply from this forum

Old May 23rd 2006, 5:28 am
Adelaide Bound

Seacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of light

I understand your need for answers, inpatient one!

As far as I know you have to have police checks from each country you lived in for 12 or more months for the last ten years. If I am wrong them someone will say so.

Unless you believe you are able to entre Australia with your visa in your back pocket before November 2006 then you will need new police checks.
Old May 23rd 2006, 5:30 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

patience is a virtue!

as far as i can gather you need to submit current police checks for every country you have lived in for more than 12 mths..regardless on whether youve already got checks done..
kat
Old May 23rd 2006, 5:40 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

How rude!
Old May 23rd 2006, 5:54 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Police checks

clippies....i tried sending you karma for your tra...but was told to spread it about abit first...didnt think id sent you some before...but the thought is there.xxx

Originally Posted by Clippies
How rude!
Old May 23rd 2006, 6:01 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katsmajic
clippies....i tried sending you karma for your tra...but was told to spread it about abit first...didnt think id sent you some before...but the thought is there.xxx
Ah thanks - you have sent me some k before I'm sure of it Fingers crossed eh
Old May 23rd 2006, 9:18 am
Home and Happy

please do not "bump" your posts. If people can answer you, they will"

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...14&postcount=2
Old May 23rd 2006, 12:19 pm
kch
Forum Regular

kch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pollyana
please do not "bump" your posts. If people can answer you, they will"

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...14&postcount=2

I wouldn't bother!