Police check - still waiting!

Old May 28th 2002, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

Andy P will become famous soon enough
Default Police check - still waiting!

We applied for police record checks on April 9th and still have not heard anything. The recorded message at Scotland Yard says to contact the data protection officer at the station you applied to if your wait is longer than 40 days. The police station tells me that they only forward them on to Scotland Yard and are unable to help!!

Is anybody else having to wait this long, or have they lost our forms?!

Thanks
Andy
Old May 28th 2002, 7:41 pm
les
Forum Regular

les is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police check - still waiting!

I know its no consolation to you but we sent away for our police checks on 26 april and they were returned on the 17 may so maybe you ought to be chasing them up its bad enough waiting for everything else let alone our own police force
Old May 28th 2002, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

shaun/lor is an unknown quantity at this point

hope this doesnt put a downer on things, but i applied for my check on 11th jan, and after lots of phone calls to scotland yard, who just kept telling me the computer was down, it came april 7th, which by then i was in oz for 2 months on holiday so i had to get my mother in law to send it too me so i could submitt my papers. shaun and lor
Old May 29th 2002, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

The police acknowledged my request on 26 April. It's now 33 days and I'm still waiting.

I dug out some old threads on here and it appears that 31 days is the usual wait. I'm now starting to get slightly worried. I will kick up a stink when it gets to 40 days.

I don't think it really matters which force you apply to. All requests get sent to a central place and put in a queue. Considering that it takes just a couple of minutes to run a check, the system is hopelessly inadequate.

Funny how it doesn't take them long to cash the cheque though.

Nick
Old May 29th 2002, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

iancurtis is an unknown quantity at this point

Applied 9 April, received them yesterday 28 May - pretty close to the 40 working days.
Old May 29th 2002, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Grotbags is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

Reading how long the police checks take to come through, I am very tempted to go ahead and get them done now instead of waiting for them to be requested.
Do you just go to your nearest police station to get all the forms etc or does AHC send them to you?

Cheers

Steve
Old May 29th 2002, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Debbie is an unknown quantity at this point

We sent ours off in April (can't remember exact date). I got mine back last Friday but we are still waiting for my husband's to come back. Thought they would have come back at the same time!? Hope we don't have to wait too long.

Regards
Debbie
Old May 29th 2002, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes Steve, get them done now. It's only a tenner and saves a long wait later on.

AHC doesn't have a form - you have to use the police's own form to request the checks.

Go to the website of your local force. You should be able to find the procedure on there. They call it 'Subject Access' not 'Police Checks'.

Cheers
Nick
Old May 29th 2002, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

owen27 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, just to let you knkow that i applied for our police certificates on 3 may, i am still waiting!!!! should be back by 10 June at latest.
hope this helps.
Old May 29th 2002, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

shaun/lor is an unknown quantity at this point

ok so they quote a max of 40 days. But what are you gonna do when it dosent turn up before 40 days?
didly squat, you can request a formal complaints form which you fill in. and is assesed by the same people who took too long in the first place. with no reprimands or compensation available.
so just sit tight everyone and keep your fingers crossed it dont take too long. shaun and lor