Wikiposts

Police Check Question

Old Mar 3rd 2004, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold
Default Police Check Question

Could someone please keep me right with this one, I have read on this forum that once you recieve your police checks IF you open them immigration will not accept them, they must be sealed in the original envelope. I knew that medical had to be sealed and never opened, but first i have heard this about police checks, we have just had ours back and the first thing we did was open them!!!!

Thanks
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 10:16 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Check Question

Originally posted by floweroscotland
Could someone please keep me right with this one, I have read on this forum that once you recieve your police checks IF you open them immigration will not accept them, they must be sealed in the original envelope. I knew that medical had to be sealed and never opened, but first i have heard this about police checks, we have just had ours back and the first thing we did was open them!!!!

Thanks

first i heard of it too....we opened ours and they passed ok....a load of bollox if ye ask me
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 10:17 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
No problem.It does not matter.They are your property.
Anyway if you don't open them how would you be sure you weren't sending them a speeding ticket!
It's the medicals which must be kept sealed.

Good luck

G
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Grayling
No problem.It does not matter.They are your property.
Anyway if you don't open them how would you be sure you weren't sending them a speeding ticket!
It's the medicals which must be kept sealed.

Good luck

G
Think your getting this confused with Medicals which have to arrive unopened.

Regards

Tracey
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

swiss tony is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
I asked that question some time back, maybe you saw that and thought that it said that? You can most def open them!

Regards

ST
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 10:34 am
WBB

i have read here before that scottish police checks need to be unopened, the welsh and english can be opened.

Old Mar 3rd 2004, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by WBB
i have read here before that scottish police checks need to be unopened, the welsh and english can be opened.
surely they can't have different rules, why would they do that, mmm need to look into this one now, only read it tonight in the Australian Discussions forum, wasn't you swiss Tony. Now i am totally confused, I have already opened mine, don't fancy having to wait to get them done all over again!!!

Thanks Guys

If anyone knows for definate i would be really grateful to find out.
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 10:47 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

surely they can't have different rules, why would they do that, mmm need to look into this one now, only read it tonight in the Australian Discussions forum, wasn't you swiss Tony. Now i am totally confused, I have already opened mine, don't fancy having to wait to get them done all over again!!!

Thanks Guys

If anyone knows for definate i would be really grateful to find out.
YOU CAN DEFO OPEN THE SCOTTISH POLICE CHECKS!!!!!!!!! I DID AND THEY PASSED!!!!!!!
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 10:54 am
WBB

Originally posted by biggy
YOU CAN DEFO OPEN THE SCOTTISH POLICE CHECKS!!!!!!!!! I DID AND THEY PASSED!!!!!!!
there have been cases of people having them returned for being opened, i have read it here, i suppose it depends on the case officer dealing with the case.

good luck.

Old Mar 3rd 2004, 10:58 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by biggy

We opened them as well and WE GOT THE VISA !!!!!!!!

Chris
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, i'll just need to chance it, c what happens

Lisa
Old Mar 4th 2004, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

CornishPasty is on a distinguished road

Hmmmm, I just got my police checks back...... a piece of A4 paper saying no records etc were found. There was nothing to open other than the postal envelope it came in. You sure its not medical checks you mean? They have to be sealed to validate nothing has been tampered with I think.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 9:01 am
WBB

Originally posted by CornishPasty
Hmmmm, I just got my police checks back...... a piece of A4 paper saying no records etc were found. There was nothing to open other than the postal envelope it came in. You sure its not medical checks you mean? They have to be sealed to validate nothing has been tampered with I think.
the envelope was the bit you were/were not supposed to open.

seems DIMIA sometimes accepts them and other times they dont, you pays your money and you takes your chances.

Old Mar 4th 2004, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

CornishPasty is on a distinguished road

I cant believe that, how would I know that it was the police checks inside? A white envelope which said Personal on the front. It did have a Crimestoppers stamp on the front next to the postage stamp, but it looks like a Post Office stamp and has no mention that the letter is from the police.

Unlike a medical assesment which is filled in by hand so could potentially be altered, the police check comes on headed paper and is typed

Perhaps if we were going for an ESP job then guessing the envelope contents is the final test, other than that no chance. :-)
Old Mar 4th 2004, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

swiss tony is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by CornishPasty
I cant believe that, how would I know that it was the police checks inside? A white envelope which said Personal on the front.
Well that's exactly why I believe it doesn't matter if they are opened. Believe me, I have read a lot on here and a lot of the immi.gov site and I have not seen anything anywhere that says they can't be opened.

As I've said before I can't state this as gospel truth but if it is stated somewhere it is bloody well hidden!

Regards

ST

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.