Wikiposts

police check outside of Canada

Old Feb 9th 2008, 5:44 am
Banned

nbasacco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default police check outside of Canada

Hi,

Need some help with a Canadian police check.

I am canadian but have been living in the UK for over 3 years now and my partner is applying for an OZ skilled visa in which I need to obtain a police check. Now I have read that since I am living outside Canada I need to get a set of fingerprints done and post to the RCMP which I understand.

I have gone to our local police station to ask about getting my fingerprints done and they said they are able to do this but I need to fill out a form first. Now Im not sure what form I need as they could not give me one or tell me where to get it. Does anyone know where I can get this form??

Thanks,
Nicole
Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:45 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: police check outside of Canada

I think I already gave you the link to the RCMP a couple of weeks ago. It says clearly here that the RCMP will accept forms from other agencies so long as they contain the correct information. Try a different police station or go to the Canadian Consulate for the form if your local one won't do it with theirs.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:28 pm
Banned

nbasacco is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I think I already gave you the link to the RCMP a couple of weeks ago. It says clearly here that the RCMP will accept forms from other agencies so long as they contain the correct information. Try a different police station or go to the Canadian Consulate for the form if your local one won't do it with theirs.
Hi,

Yes I have been on the RCMP site, but my local police station told me to bring my fingerprint form with me so Im a little confused where to get it as the RCMP site does not have any forms. Guess I will just have to go in without a form and see if they will do my fingerprints without it.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:50 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nbasacco
Hi,

Yes I have been on the RCMP site, but my local police station told me to bring my fingerprint form with me so Im a little confused where to get it as the RCMP site does not have any forms. Guess I will just have to go in without a form and see if they will do my fingerprints without it.
Your local police station provides the form.