Police check (form 80) while in Australia

Old Oct 14th 2010, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

hemalk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police check (form 80) while in Australia

Hi guys,

Please share your expeirnce of lodging 175 while in Australia. In checklist there is a point "complete form 80" for each person aged 18. I am currently in Australia, do I also need to fill National Police check form and send it ? what is procedure for same ? any help is appriciated.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

Default AFP check

Originally Posted by chathuepasinghe
hi any one can help me please, i need to know some information regarding form 80 and form 1221, i have added my husband too to in this application, and they have requested form 80 and form 1221 , since i m the main applicant i uploaded both forms for myself, does my husband too need to fill these forms??

thanks in advance
Did u applied from Australia ? you required to fill national police check form ? if yes, please explain me procedure
Old Oct 14th 2010, 4:32 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police check (form 80) while in Australia

Originally Posted by hemalk2
Hi guys,

Please share your expeirnce of lodging 175 while in Australia. In checklist there is a point "complete form 80" for each person aged 18. I am currently in Australia, do I also need to fill National Police check form and send it ? what is procedure for same ? any help is appriciated.
If you were requested to fill in form 80 then you fill in form 80. Depending on how long you have been in Australia you may also need an AFP check. For that you would apply to the Australian Federal Police.

You do realise that a 175 visa is an offshore visa so your application is successful everyone on the application will be required to leave Australia in order to get the visa grant? What visa are you here on now?
Old Oct 14th 2010, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
If you were requested to fill in form 80 then you fill in form 80. Depending on how long you have been in Australia you may also need an AFP check. For that you would apply to the Australian Federal Police.

You do realise that a 175 visa is an offshore visa so your application is successful everyone on the application will be required to leave Australia in order to get the visa grant? What visa are you here on now?
Thanks Dorothy...I am on 457 currently. so this means I dont require to obtain any 'police certificate' from my home country at this point, right ? otherwise this could be time consuming.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

Thanks Dorothy...I am on 457 currently. so this means I dont require to obtain any 'police certificate' from my home country at this point, right ? otherwise this could be time consuming.

You need one from every country you've lived in for at least 1 year over the last 10 years.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jimbo_d
You need one from every country you've lived in for at least 1 year over the last 10 years.
Thanks for reply but is ceritificate require along with application ? or once CO asks for it ? how can I obtain police certificate from my home country, while I am in Australia
Old Oct 14th 2010, 8:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AFP check

Did u applied from Australia ? you required to fill national police check form ? if yes, please explain me procedure
I have moved your post as it was totally unrelated to the thread it was in
For AFP check details - and how to get a check from your home country while in Aus - you need to look here - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/char...cter-penal.pdf

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 14th 2010 at 8:40 am.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

Default Police certificate while in Australia

Hello, Can anyone please tell me how to obtain police certificate from home country while you are in Australia , as I think it is necessary to attach this while you apply within Australia. DIAC site just provides some address, but I am finding it very useful.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 12:30 am
Just Joined

kizza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police certificate while in Australia

It depends on where you are from. Some countries are easier than others...
Old Oct 15th 2010, 5:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police certificate while in Australia

Hello, Can anyone please tell me how to obtain police certificate from home country while you are in Australia , as I think it is necessary to attach this while you apply within Australia. DIAC site just provides some address, but I am finding it very useful.
I have merged your post with your other threads. No point in starting a new thread - the link for police checks is in my post above. Look up your home country and the information will be there.